Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody going to Nationals? I'll be there Sunday, entered in Obedience and Rally Monday and Tuesday and the Hunt Test on Wednesday. I have to leave Friday as I have school on Saturday. See ya! Belinda.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I'm going.

Monday Regionals (Chili and Rainbow in conformation, Sally in Rally)
Tuesday I have Sally in obedience, and Sally and Rainbow in Rally
Wednesday I'll be at the hunt test with Rosie and Sally, hopefully I'll be done in time to get back and do a conformation brace with Rainbow and Melody. I think the meeting is on Wednesday too.
Thursday I have Chili in Open Bitch and Rainbow in Veterans
We were going to do agility on Friday, but despite Canada Post's assurances that our entry would arrive early it got there two days late.
Saturday whatever education is available, maybe the Tristate Picnic, and the Dinner.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
A conformation brace? Please xplain how the entries work for that. I know Rainbow is Melody's Grandmother. Do they need to be directly related like that? Or just look alike....?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Wishing Belinda and Soundtrack the best in their quest at the Nationals. Be sure to let us know how it went and post pictures.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I had planned to go this year, but my husband's been very sick. I'm going to settle for leaving next Thurs. and will spend a long weekend in PA. No entries here, but I'm bringing both dogs so that the kids will only have to keep an eye on their dad. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wish I could go. My work prevents me from "vacationing" during the school year. :(

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
A conformation brace? Please xplain how the entries work for that. I know Rainbow is Melody's Grandmother. Do they need to be directly related like that? Or just look alike....?
[/b]
A conformation brace is judged on how well they match and how well they move together. They don't need to be related, just look alike. Melly looks a great deal like Rainbow did when she was younger, but Rainbow's pretty gray now, and a lot more solid with maturity.

·
Registered
239 Posts
We'll be getting there Sunday as well. Rally Novice A for Harley and Fred. Home on Tuesday, work gets in the way, but back on Saturday for the Tri-State Picnic.

See you there!

Alice

·
Registered
939 Posts
yep tuesday we will arrive at the Maryland Beagle Club, wednesday we are off to Gettysburg for a Civil War history tour and thurday,friday,and saturday will be FIELD TRIALS!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Good luck to all of you!!! I hope it is a great experience for all.

I had hoped to go, but it was not to be. However, I will keep my sights set on next year!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alice, we'll see you Tuesday? And Billy, you won't be at the Hunt Test? Belinda.

·
Registered
939 Posts
No, i will not be at the hunt test,i want other people to have a chance at getting high point in trial.Ike would be to dominant and clean up all the ribbons :p besides i hunt him for real i know he can do it. oh i didn't say anything but Ike did become Pennsylvania State Open Class winner in the field and show and won best in show at Dean's hunt on Sunday of Labor Day weekend.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Marci,

I sent you directions that will avoid going anywhere near NYC via your work email. I can pm them if you want them sooner.

Sorry to hear you all have been having such a rocky road lately. :( Will be thinking good thoughts that Dick is soon back being the active guy he's always been.

Hope you get the chance to get to the Nationals for a few days. If I go it'll only be for a day.

Barbara

·
Registered
239 Posts
Alice, we'll see you Tuesday? And Billy, you won't be at the Hunt Test? Belinda.
[/b]
Yes, we are doing the specialty show Monday and Nationals Tuesday; then heading home.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Good luck to all! Keep in mind if you are planning on going to the rescue picnic that it has been relocated.

·
Registered
939 Posts
and away we go!!!!! ya-hoo!!!!!!!!! we will be on the road in the Morning!!!!! c-ya all on Saturday sometime in the night.

·
Registered
939 Posts
WOW, what a BLAST!!!!!! The field trialers dinner had about 60 people in attendance on Friday,i had some much needed laughs... and some much needed VODKA also!!!! the rabbit supply was great,Maryland Beagle Club has some of the best grounds to run rabbits on. we had to leave today because of my wife's work and we had to miss the bitch class and Absolute run-off. i should have some photo's to share from the trial when i get my camera back,i loaned it to the trialers to get some pics from today,i'll also be fowarding them to the BHCA website and Tally-Ho magazine. Did anyone else besides me who is a member of this board go Friday night? sorry if i didn't get a chance to meet you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What an AWESOME Nationals Molly and I had!! Monday: qualifying score in Rally Obedience and a Title, 2nd place in Veteran's Obedience. Tuesday: qualifying score in Rally Obedience and FIRST place in Veteran's Obedience. Wednesday: qualifying score at the Hunt Test and a MASTER HUNTING HOUND Title!! She acted like a puppy, she had a blast and I cried every day! It was wonderful. And all of this from a dog who I thought I might have to put down 2 years ago (she had surgery for 2 herniated discs). These dogs have endless hearts. Congratulations to Alice on her 2 1st places in Rally Obedience (her 1st!), good to see you Miriam, and Dean, thank you from the bottom of my heart for introducing Molly and I to the rabbit world. To see Molly's picture go to the Performance forum (thanks Alice). Take care all, Belinda.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Well, we had a great time! Sally and Rainbow picked up legs in Rally (our first attempt at this sport). The girls worked well, their handler (me) left a lot to be desired. Sally would have qualified in obedience but she went down on the long sit just as the judge ordered us to return. Rainbow showed like a dog half her age. Rosie apparently has potential in the field, even though she didn't find a bunny, so I have to find a way to get her out with the bunnies.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts