Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to get excited and I'm not even bringing a dog! Does anyone know if there's a shuttle from the airport to the hotel? If not, how much is a cab? I'm wondering if it's necessary to rent a car or if I can get by without one. I've never been to Nationals in St. Louis. This is going to be the "volunteer" Nationals for me: obedience, agility and, of course, the Hunt Test. Thanks, Belinda.

·
Registered
12,937 Posts
The hotel is a substaintial distance from downtown so a cab ride could be price but that is based on eastern city prices I imagine the Midwest is much less expensive. The obedience and agility are on site the Hunt test and field trials are again quite a ways away. If it were I, rent a car. Rent-a-car rather than be dependent on others but that is a personal choice rather than a necessity.

Seeya there I'm flyin the dogs are driving.

[ July 31, 2005, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Toughynutter ]

·
Registered
369 Posts
Oh, please, please, please take your cameras with you!!! I just HAVE to see a basset perform agility!

By the way, do dog licenses in MA allow the pooches to drive??? :p

Best of luck to ALL! We'll be rootin' for ya!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scratch & Sniff --- Take a look at some of the pictures Tuffy posted in the next thread down from this! They're great.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Michael. I'm extremely independant and would probably be miserable if I had to grub rides all weeek. See you soon! Belinda.

·
Registered
939 Posts
the field trial/ hunt test grounds are about 60 miles from where the show is being held i think,so a rental car maybe in order.oh Belinda by the way Pinehawk's Little Ike is running rabbits,not great yet but is scent tracking and opening on the line.

·
Registered
369 Posts
WOW! I saw the other pics from prior events and those ears are FLYIN'! :D It looks like a lot of hard work that turns into fun when everyone gets together!
My husband's comment, "What's surprising is that you can get a basset to do that!" My thought, "Must not be a purebred." ;) ;) ;)

Again, best of luck to everyone!

[ August 02, 2005, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: Scratch & Sniff ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts