Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the threads about the hunt lately I have the desire to come out for the Nationals next month. Sadly I will have no bassets with me, but I bet I'll find a couple there.

I assume that spectators are allowed.

I will probably only have 2 days there - do you have any recommendations as to which days are the best?

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Spectators are welcome! It depends what you like...if you like conformation, then Friday. You could also catch agility on Friday morning. If you stay over Saturday, you could watch tracking tests, which are my favorite events to work and watch. :) So, Oct. 12-13 gets my recommendation, for variety. :)

Here's the schedule, if you don't already have it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I agree with Betsy. Agility is probably the best entertainment at Nationals. And the shopping of course! Make your reservations!! And have fun!! Belinda.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'm not going to the Nationals but I get to dog sit 2 of Ellen's dogs for almost 2 weeks! The mother of the puppies born early this year and one of the puppies. I can't wait!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Oct.4th,5th,or 6th. hunt test and or field trials.see what the dogs were breed to do,plus they have to be agile to do it.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm all set! I couldn't get away for the 4th - but I will be there for the next weekend. I am so excited about it - I only wish I could bring my hounds with me.

Hope to see some of you there.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'm flying down on Wed., the tenth. Edith and Eloise will be riding down with friends the weekend before. Eloise is showing in Futurity on Tuesday, then in, I think, Bred By on Thurs. I'm showing Edith in Open on Thursday, my first time in the ring at Nationals. Can't wait for the showing, the socializing, the lack of sleep, the frustration, the nerves jangling. I'm so excited to go!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I, SO would love to go. I don't think I can do an out of town trip right now though... :(

~Heather

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I'm heading down on the 6th with 7 of my pack.

Our schedule:
Monday - Rally and Obedience (Sally)
Tuesday - Veterans Sweeps (Lucy)
Wednesday - Open Dog (Sailor), Brace (Lucy and Ginger)
Thursday - Open Bitch (Chili), Veteran Bitch (Lucy)
Friday - Agility (Rosie and Sally)

Smudge will be along for the ride.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I am so jealous :angry: Good luck to all of you who are showing!

·
Registered
939 Posts
i'm leaving in the morning.there will be some partying going on at the new camper this weekend!!! IKE has been doing OK and is looking fit and ready to run some rabbit. I'm bringing the camera again and will be taking photo's for Tally-Ho Magazine.i have given myself the Unoffical Title of "Offical Photo taker of the Field Trials" plus the Unoffical Hospitality Trailer of the Field Trials.I'll have some updates when i get back.Safe trip to all.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
i'm leaving in the morning.there will be some partying going on at the new camper this weekend!!! IKE has been doing OK and is looking fit and ready to run some rabbit. I'm bringing the camera again and will be taking photo's for Tally-Ho Magazine.i have given myself the Unoffical Title of "Offical Photo taker of the Field Trials" plus the Unoffical Hospitality Trailer of the Field Trials.I'll have some updates when i get back.Safe trip to all.[/b]
Good luck at the trials! I'm sorry I have to miss the field events this year.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Good luck to everyone at Nationals! We will be about an hour away with our horses, so should we get lots of cold rain, we might stop by.

·
Registered
939 Posts
well we got back about 6:15pm.i left after the dog class,so i don't know how the bitch class or absolute went.First the weather was just about the worse you could have,very hot and dry.no rain out there for quite some time also.Imperial Beagle Club had a fair amount of rabbits,could have been better but the members said something happened over the summer and they had rabbits just seem to disapper. Hunt Test had 3 dogs qualify.small derby class turn out,i don't know how many they had i was walking dogs and shooting the bull until the champion class was called for which had 20 hounds entered,and i field marshalled.damn near had heat stroke!!! the open dog class had 11 dogs entered.not to take nothing away from the winning hound which deserved it,but i think that for a National Event that is just a piss pour turn out.Bitch class had 19 entered.it's sad i remember about 20-25 years ago 60 entries in the Bitch class and i know that for sure cause i was pulled to run in the last brace. :lol: Now all i can say is if you missed it you still missed all the fun,food was good and the drink was flowing after the Hunt/trial of course was over. Next year it's in Texas,but with the weather we had you would think we were there this year!!! :lol: i think i'm going next year too!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts