Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info about the Nationals obedience entries? I haven't gotten any info and the show closes in 2 weeks. Who's the chair? Thanks, Belinda.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Sanda Launey is the chair. I haven't received a premium list, either.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Belinda,did you get the premium list for the hunt test yet? if not you can them off the BHCA website.why are you bothering with obedience when you know that Molly just wants to run rabbits :p

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Two weeks!
So far the only PL I have received is for Agility.

The obedience is usually included with the conformation, is it not?

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Conformation, obedience and tracking usually all come together. Last year, the PL's arrived rather close to the closing date. I suppose that gives us less chance of losing them. ;)

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
LOL! I think I took my MCAT's at Mount St. Mary's, the VST tracking site! Many, many, many years ago. :eek:

Next problem...I downloaded the PDF file, and there aren't any entry forms? ;) I'm lucky to get my dog's AKC number correct.

[ August 16, 2003, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: Betsy Iole ]

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
It had been so long since I filled out an entry form that I forgot put Roady's AKC number on it for our specialty trial and had to be called by the show secretary. :eek:

And it's been so long since I was in a show ring that the obedience steward (or is it stewart?) had to say, "Aren't you going to pick up your arm band?" Duh!

So I'm with you Betsy and will wait for the premium list.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Hearder info is not required as long as the check is for the right amount and made out to the right party and sent where it belongs.

From personal experience if I wait for a premium in the mail, I'm not likely to ever get it :mad:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm waiting for mine in the mail because I'm a computer moron and won't be able to print it anyway! Although Billy, I was able to download the Hunt Test entry form (??!!!) and entered Molly in pack with 3 of Dean's dogs. And yes, for what it's worth, if anyone decides to start hunting with your Bassets you can kiss tracking and higher obedience titles good-bye! My principle reason for entering Molly in Open (again) is to see if we can have a funnier performance than last year. And that's going to be very hard to beat! Agility isn't a problem because I'm just the very large rabbit she's chasing. Unfortunately I can't attend this year's agility trial as I have to come back home the day before :( . See some of you soon! Belinda.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
If I ever get a copy in the mail it is almost quaranteed to be after the closing date. Most agility trials have gone the way of the down load, save mailing cost, so I'm all set.

Roady entering Novice B? Looks like we both got some work to do on the Recall.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My entry for Open A is in the mail. Molly would like all of you to know that she is secretly working on her own comedic "routine". She believes that same one the stranger always asks of her is extremely dull. She's going to try very hard to top last year's performance. See all of you soon! Belinda.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Still waiting for my PL... :roll:

·
Registered
797 Posts
If anybody wants to see a comic routine, drop a rabbit in the ring while Molly is performing.I guarantee few people have seen a basset move that fast. Jumps and anything else will be knocked down and if the rabbit leaves the ring, there will be a Molly sized hole in the gates.

Obedience trials-- how to bore a rabbit hound!!

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Got it! :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh Dean, you guys have ruined me! Well, at least my obedience career! At one of the last obedience trials I entered a little jump-about dog "bounced" past the ring when Molly was entered in Open and she thought it was RABBIT TIME!! Good bye Molly! She was too fat to squeeze through the gates otherwise it would have been good-bye little dog! I LOVE HUNT TESTS!!!! Belinda.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Uh, just out of curiousity, exactly WHAT did Molly do last year in Open? My imagination is getting the best of me.
;)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's kind of hard to explain, you really had to be there. It wasn't any one thing either, but rather a series of progressively funnier moments. She's used to being the center of attention as she does television and advertisisg work and at Nationals she REALLY worked the crowd. They loved it, she loved it, and we probably got low in trial. They should have videos of obedience as well as agility. Take care, Belinda.

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
LOL, she was a riot!

Here it is, Sept 3rd, and so far the only PL I have received is for agility.....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts