Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else out there has a security/nanny camera, to watch your dogs in the backyard. I bought one several months ago, so when I'm on the computer, I can keep an eye on the dogs when I turn them loose out back.
I started using it again when I planted the garden. They keep sneaking over the fence, and running through the garden. It's nice to have, and only cost me about $35. It hooks up to my TV, and has sound, so I can hear them when they play.

OK, now this is funny. While I was writing this, I looked up at the TV, and Dozer is just sitting on the lawn, and Digger is running circles around him, trying to get him to play.

Too bad I can't transfer videos off it to put on here. It's amazing what they will do when they think you're not watching.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I don't have a nanny cam per sey but I do have a web cam ... I went and got a usb port extension cable so now I can place my camera out the back window or the front window.

My mom and I originally set up the cameras to watch the kidlets but it works for the hounds too.

And I'd have to agree that yep - it's definately amusing to watch them when they don't know they're being watched! :) (fur-babies AND kidlets!) *hehe*

I just wish there was a way I could set up a live streaming web page so others could watch the pups at play too!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Can you watch the hounds while you are at work?
If so, where can I buy this webcam? I really need this. It would be my best buy ever!! Thank you for the info. :D

·
Registered
662 Posts
Originally posted by Lina
Can you watch the hounds while you are at work?
If so, where can I buy this webcam? I really need this. It would be my best buy ever!! Thank you for the info.   :D
Unfortunately I don't get to see them "live streaming" from outside my home ... about the closest I can get to "live" is to get my cam to take and upload pics every 30 to 45 seconds.

Which is still pretty good.

I don't know about the nanny cam thing though.

With my webcam it's actually a software program that uploads pics from the webcam directly to a webpage.

http://www.coffeecup.com/software/

It's at the bottom "Coffeecup Webcam".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts