Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to think of the names of a lovely couple who were active in field trials when Pilgrim still held trials. He had a different first name like Berger. I know it's not Dean and Louise. I met them at my first Pilgrim meeting. I figured either Dean or Billy would be able to help me out?

Hey Dean were you at the field trials at the Nationals in ?1994 at Little Rhody Beagle Club? Some very nice people let me follow along and answered my "silly questions." They even let me bring my dog along.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Barbara,

Are you thinking of Leonard and Marge Skolnick, owners of Slipperyhill Kennels??

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Debbie it wasn't the Skolnicks. Just dawned on me that Len Abraham would know so I emailed him also. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
939 Posts
the name of Berger does not sound like one i would forget.Skolnink's are from Maryland,Len passed away a few years ago a really nice guy he was,Marge is still active with the field events.My father may have been at Little Rhody in "94" not sure i'll have to ask him.The only people in can remember from Field Trials that were from up that way and i'm going OLD SCHOOL,is a Family named Wilson and another couple from Vermont by the last name of Trefey(sp) and i almost forgot Ray and Louise Wells.i really miss going to the field trials in New England mostly in the Fall,if Pilgrim would hold them i think they would have a decent turnout,i know i would try to make it!!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Their name was Forsyth, Maureen and not sure on the husband's name. I thought it was something like Berger but maybe called Bill. I know he died but was wondering if she was still around.

My friend Bonnie talked with Louise on her last birthday and she's still going strong!!!! I think I should get out their and run some rabbits. Or is that the dog that does the running? ;)

Billy you probably were still in high school when I was at Little Roady.

·
Registered
939 Posts
i wish i was in high school in 1994,my son was born that year!!!! not dating myself and i don't think i'm that old,but i went to my first field trial in 1968!!!!

[ May 03, 2005, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: pinehawk ]

·
Registered
939 Posts
Dad paid my wife and myself a visit today and i asked him about Berger,he informed me that he passed away and that he has not heard anything about his wife since.he was at the trial in 94.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Berger's ashes were spread at the Paskamansett Beagle club grounds at one of the large pack fun trials -- have not heard anything since.
My bitch won her class and Elvis took third in champs at the RI nationals

1 - 8 of 8 Posts