Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Turbo has developed a fear of having her nails trimmed ever since they did it at the vet. I am not sure what happened since they did it while they had her in the back, but now she hates having it done and acts sooooooo dramatic. I have tried rubbing her belly and making her comfortable and doing it, I can get one then she figures out what is going on, I have tried treats and trickery and I can't find anything that works. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this a fun exprience for Turbo instead of a terrible thing

·
Registered
782 Posts
Look at "Basset Health and Genetics" on my Sedation thread. There are a couple of good ideas about a Dremel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jasmine hates it as well. She doesn't like having her front paws done, especially. I try to hold and pet them regularly so she'll be better adjusted, but it hasn't worked. I took her to the vet just last Friday to have hers trimmed. The sausages I brought along distracted her a bit, but her anxiety built up until she got defensive and had a quick nip at the nurse. Needless to say the rest of her nails were done with a muzzle on. Sigh...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts