Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a self-clipping basset? I never get a chance to clip Henry's nails, as he often sits and chews them down himself. It's a horrid habit.

Snoopy's nails have never even needed to be cut - they seem to wear down naturally on his walks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
that IS a strange habbit! :lol: but very clever. maybe he was trained to do his own by his past owner. he also know's how to open doors doesnt he - he sounds like such a character.

It takes two of us to do snoopy's. One holds her and the other feeds her treats and clips nails at the same time - it is quite an operation as she makes SO much fuss about it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I go to my parent's house every Sunday for dinner. My dad (god bless him) clips the dogs' nails. Lily tried to bite him once Gibbs like usual didn't care.

·
Registered
775 Posts
My sister has a Rottie/Mastiff mix she adopted. He chews his nails down too! It's the strangest thing I've ever seen or heard. You can hear him gnawing on his nails. She doesn't mind since it saves her on Vet bills. I wouldn't complain either unless it got obsessive.

·
Registered
415 Posts
HA HA, I've got one better than that! Buddy eats his nails as I clip them. He even eats Noonies too. :blink: Very odd I know, but I have to say he never runs away when he sees the clippers coming. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts