Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was planning on going to the Susquehanna Basset Hound Club dog show to help out with anything that needs to be done around the site,since i'm vice-president and a member of the club,i feel i should help out as much as i can.Being the VEE-P will most likely mean i'll be getting the time honored task of being the Head Pooper Scooper :lol: . Well since i was going i figured i'll bring the kids and wife and we will stay over night and go to Hershey Park.My wife says" your going all the way out there and your not showing IKE!!!" well now IKE is entered in his First Dog Show in the Field Trial Class,with any luck he will be the only one entered and win by default :lol: . More importantly,is now my wife may be getting hooked on the "dog stuff"!!! If you are interested in going it's on Aug.25th. go to www.ddtc.org for directions,the show hours are 11am-6pm. come on up and say Hi to me and i'll be more than happy to scoop up after your dog!!!!!

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Good luck to IKE! Have fun at Hershey Park! :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good luck! Are they offering Obedience? Can you post a picture of Ike, I've never seen him. I'd love to go to cheer you on but I'll be at the NY State Fair (for the first time) roaming around the 4-H barns being jealous of all the farm kids and their animals...Take care, Belinda. P.S. How's your wife feeling?

·
Registered
239 Posts
According to AKC, no obedience or rally and entries close 8/9/06.

Belinda, our 4-H fair is this week. Sadly, it's no longer 4-H, but "The New Jersey State Fair". Too commercial, but we go anyway. Lots of horses, plus the other farm animals. The state made the 4-H people put up signs not to touch the animals and then eat; and they had to put up portable sinks to wash hands.

Billy and Ike, Good Luck, make us proud!!!

Alice

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alice, i'll tell Darlene you all are pulling for her,she's going to show Ike,if i do it we will crash and burn for sure!!!!! :p Belinda,Darlene was operated on in late June,the doctors had to graft her Bile Duct right to her Small Intestine,this operation went very well for a change and she is coming along great,still has some pain issues,but doing good. No obedience,but they do have a rescue parade!!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks Biscuit,i like my Women tough!!!! My girl is like shoe leather!!!! she's outside right now pulling the motor on the tractor!!!!! :lol: Belinda,you can see IKE in the July/August Issue of Tally-Ho his picture is there twice,see if you can spot Travis,he's posing a dog for someone to.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no kidding allowed!!!!! well we got back from the show on Sunday,we had a nice shopping spree at Cabela's in Hamburg,Pa. on the ride home. Saturday was overcast ,but still nice and Hershey Park is just a great place to go,clean and fun,even IKE went and stayed in the "Barking Lot" a small but nice Kennel site at Hershey. Ike was the center of attention at the hotel everybody just loved him and he lived up to his basset rep by going belly up and enjoying his belly rub from who ever wanted to give him one and he licked the face of every kid that wanted to pet him!!! We were afraid that the city livin' he was doing there might effect him by not wanting to stay in his outside kennel when we got home after he was sitting on the love seat,the sofa,the beds,etc., but he his fine and happy to be back outside and the big dope stayed out in the rain all day and refused to go into his house laying down on his back in the kennel getting rained on!!!! In the show on Friday he won his group by a slim margin and after alot of going over the scoring sheets he was awarded FIRST Place in the Field Trial Dog Class!!!! ( A class that had a total entry of ONE,i might add),and then it was on to BIB/BIS for him, and after the smoke cleared he was still the only Male there that could live up to his breed standard and run the hair off a rabbit,yet not win a show!!!! But Darlene had fun and it was good for her to see another part of the Dog world.

T

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a wonderful time. Congratulations to Ike ... oh yeah, and you, too, Billy. :lol:

Janet 'n Twinkie

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nice going Ike and Darlene! And thanks for the report Billy...if you hadn't said anything, no one would know about the one entry ;) At my first horse show I got second place, not too bad if I don't mention there were only two in the class.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alice, i cannot speak with a forked tongue,i have a bad habit of being honest. is anyone going to Dean's AHBA Hunt this weekend? i was going and had Friday off ,but work has gone nuts and i'm working Friday and Saturday. i'll try to get there Sunday.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks again to everyone,i'm not sure if Darlene will do any more shows, people that i knew i took her up to talked with her,but when she was trying to branch out and talk to some others she was given the cold shoulder. i told her that they would look at Ike,look at her and than they would look away. that's what one person did and she was floored that some one would be that rude,i told her get used to it until you get a show dog and start winning,then they will be your "friend". Me i said HI to everyone and helped out in any way possible,since i am Vee Pee of the club that held the show i wanted everyone to feel welcome so they would come back,i think they will now that they put a face with the Kennel Name and saw that i was a friendly person even if i was a "field" guy.Susquehanna puts on a nice little show and i will try to help out with it every year that i can,i liked doing the behind the scene stuff,it was a real good learning experince and i do like to learn.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts