Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I let my dogs out to do their business and get a little energy out and play. Well when I opened the door to let them in 2 of them were waiting at the back door. But Mollie was out in the back yard rolling my kids soccer ball around the backyard. It was so cute she was just having the best time out there playing soccer. Normally she is out there hunting all the squirrels and birds, but not today! It just goes to show you never know what a basset is capable of.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
My dogs have their own soccer ball. I bought it at a garage sale, and told the lady it was for my basset hounds.
They haven't popped it yet,like they do basket balls, but they sure have fun chasing it.
:)
Sandy

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
LOL! Soccer is fun... I bought stuffed toys at garage sales- washed and basset proofed them :) Just perfect!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bassets are just full of surprises. My basset's favorite toys are a small plastic football and those soft squishy "splat balls" that kids soak in water and throw at each other. Sampson does pretty good at playing fetch but Prince and Delilah just chase them down, play with them for a bit and then come back to with that look saying "Aren't you going to go get it for me". :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Soccer player?!

As you probably know, soccer is the Brazilian national sport, and so:

[ February 08, 2006, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: STPAmarante ]

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love that picture! That is too cute and your houndie is sure a cutie too!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How cute. Your houndie is BEAUTIFUL. Happy to be a slave to Tummy Boy

·
Registered
905 Posts
STPAmarante, you should post pics of that handsome hunk Beethoven more often. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
STPAmarante that is a definite "you are not getting this ball" look :D Too cute!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
The problem with Beethoven is that he does not follow properly the rules of a good and plain soccer game. I figure that his "rules" would better fit in a football or rugby game, as I have to chase him to get the ball. That picture shows how the game starts, when he challenges me with those "evil eyes", but always keeping a safe distance.

[ February 09, 2006, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: STPAmarante ]

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
That's too funny! :D

When I was a kid, a Boston Terrier used to play soccer with us. He rolled the ball with his nose, and was very difficult to get the ball back from.
He had to stop after a while, because the skin of his nose weared thin from the ball.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, Steinar, at least the "rules" of your Terrier look like soccer.

I am just wonderig two teams of eleven Hounds each and a ball. I bet that it would look like more football or rugby than a fair soccer game. Just imagine they doing "the crab" (rugby)... :D

[ February 10, 2006, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: STPAmarante ]

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ruby plays soccer with all of her toys. She gets that little front paw going and ka-powie! There goes the toy across the floor.

:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts