Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some on here inquired about my new patio, so here's the update, although it's still a work in progress:
Back in June, it was all dug up, then the rains came, (for three weeks)which caused a major delay:

Here is the finished product, picture all the sod in place, rocks around the pond, a street light type light, etc. It's very pretty, looks just like marble:

Some of you thought this was our new patio, It's actually just a little alcove on our deck.

·
Registered
284 Posts
And *I* love the dog tail in the in the finished product photo LOL!
I guess you were being closely followed eh?

Lou

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
The patio looks quite handsome. What's the thing in the corner that looks like a bathtub?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Betsy, that's a pre-formed plastic pond. Water features are very popular these days, with good reason! Put a little waterfall trickling into it, or a mini-fountain, and the sound of water is very relaxing. One that size will be easy to maintain, and is no danger to the dogs. (I think my dogs drink more water from the ponds than they ever do from any bowl.)

Sandy, the patio looks great already! Love the Marble look.

(I don't want to hijack your thread Sandy, but if you want to talk ponds, pm or email me. I have ponds and aquariums, and a lot of experience with most things water-related.)

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Originally posted by corvuss
Betsy, that's a pre-formed plastic pond.
Ah. It's lovely. :wink:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a pond. Soon to have some sort of rock built up around it, and a little bit of a waterfall. Today we planted some Junipers around it, and have it all levelled for sod next weekend. The patio is stamped cement, but it looks so much like marble it's not funny, I love it.
Will post pics as it progresses.

Corvuss, you may be hearing from me, as we begin work on the pond, it's new to us! :D Thanks!

Sandy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts