Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I have said but I donate time at our local Shelter on Monday mornings. About two months ago this woman in town contacted the Shelter to bring in her sons Basset mix as he was not having the time to take care of her and the mother was trying to walk her and take care of her and said she was fighting with her Boxer. Also when the mother started doing this they went and got another puppy. I think this was the straw.

She sent in a picture of her that I saw. Then all week I was thinking could it be. When I went in the next Monday I asked if she was brought in and they said yes. I asked what her name was and it was Maddie. I told them I had been thinking about her and when I heard her name I knew she was a dog I had fostered about nine years ago.

They started out a good home I called and checked on her and they loved her. The guy was driving a truck for a building supply store and he was taking her with him every day. Then he change jobs and it seemed to me that she was put in the yard and not given much attention.

I would go by where they lived and see her in this yard without grass and they wouldn't even cut the weeds down. I sent the animal control there and they said she was being taken care of. People make me sick.

So she was at the shelter for about three to four weeks and I couldn't stand it and so now shes back home with us. Also when she came in she had infection in her teats. So was on antibiotics. She was licking them and wouldn't stop but finely after about a month I don't see her doing it anymore. We did have a few fights but she stopped that in the first weekend. I'll see if I can post some pics of her and her new best friend my Pitbull Richter.

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
Are you going to keep her? Or is she a foster? She's a good looking girl! I'm glad you took her in. Looks like she and Richter are getting along great!

·
Registered
973 Posts
I'm glad she is in a better home now. She looks like she is having a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She is a Basset/ Redbone coonhound mix she was originally a hunting dog and was picked up on the mountain with 2 Walker hounds but the woman that picked them up gave her to the shelter because her husband wanted to hunt mountain lions and she was to small.

I took her home to foster and may have kept her then but she got in a fight with my then oldest Basset Abigail and I couldn't have that. You see my 2 girls at the time were very spoiled and I could not have anything challenge Abbys top position.

My pack now is a little different and use to more upset as 3 of my 4 are from the shelter, so they have been around so to speak.

Maddie has allot of personality and not only does she pull the covers off the bed if I don't get up when she want's me to which is before 6:00 :eek: she is also howling at me with my other Basset when I mix up there food at meal times. My husband just loves this when he's trying to sleep in on the weekends.

And just because I love pictures I'll make you look at more.

And the last one is the antelope leg in question.

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
Doppler is mixed with Redbone too we suspect! That's cool.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lets see a picture of him. Does he look like Maddie, but I'm sure if he has Redbone and Golden he probably has longer legs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts