Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent some time going through the shops in Nashville Indiana today, & when I left, I realized everything I bought was Basset-related! I got an aphgan (which matches a pillow I already had) and 2 pair of socks. I also got a mini garlic grater, to use when I bake Spencer his cookies, and Spencer got a bag of homemade goodies from "Bone Appetit." He enjoyed several before bed tonight :)

Here's a pic of the aphgan and socks:

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Nice finds! Who knew Nashville, Indiana was the mecca of of basset goodies? What a well-kept secret! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used to tell myself that I would never be one of THOSE people that cooked for their dogs. I now cook for my dogs.

I used to tell myself that I would never dress my dogs up. I just ordered a herringbone jacket for my Basset Hound.

I used to tell myself that I would never dress myself up in doggy wear. And all I can think is where can I get those Basset socks at?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zsarduy, yep, I'm one of "those" people too! I cook for Spencer, wear Basset socks & have Basset decor in my house. The only reason I don't dress Spencer is because he won't let me! ;)

If you are interested in the socks, you can get them at www.soxtogo.com

They are actually made at a factory just a few miles from the store (named For Bare Feet) where I bought them in Indiana. I got the aphgan at the same store. They have mostly socks of course, but also aphgans, totes and a variety of gifts of just about every theme you can think of.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Love the Basset garb. I have an aphgan (sp?), a shirt, and I lost my socks :blink: . I NEED MORE! :lol:

~Heather

·
Registered
54 Posts
OMG, We totally have that blanket! It was hanging in our stairway at the old house and now it's on our bed. We have a bag that matches it, a dish towel and a little paster statue that gaurds the hall. I used to be so cool! I played bass, I read Kerouac and now I am (still very cool mind you) but also totally happy with our bassety decor! And as far as dressing up bassets. More people know us as the people whose bassets hounds wear coats than anything else. We overheard people talking about it in line at the store once (and it was our dogs! too funny). Being one of "those people" is fun.

RD

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used to tell myself that I would never be one of THOSE people that cooked for their dogs. I now cook for my dogs.

I used to tell myself that I would never dress my dogs up. I just ordered a herringbone jacket for my Basset Hound.

I used to tell myself that I would never dress myself up in doggy wear. And all I can think is where can I get those Basset socks at?[/b]
Perfect!! Thanks so much, Amy!

Oh, well, at least I can say I've never dressed my dogs up in Halloween costumes. Yet. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
OMG, We totally have that blanket! It was hanging in our stairway at the old house and now it's on our bed. We have a bag that matches it, a dish towel and a little paster statue that gaurds the hall. I used to be so cool! I played bass, I read Kerouac and now I am (still very cool mind you) but also totally happy with our bassety decor! And as far as dressing up bassets. More people know us as the people whose bassets hounds wear coats than anything else. We overheard people talking about it in line at the store once (and it was our dogs! too funny). Being one of "those people" is fun.

RD[/b]
From Kerouac to kitsch...how quickly our dogs change our definition of coolness!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts