Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dudley went in for his vet checkup today for his parvo incident. He gained back almost all his pre-parvo weight. He went from 40 lbs before the parvo, down to 33 lbs during, and now back to 39 lbs today.
His checkup went great. He had everyone coming to see him. His vet, plus the 2 consulting vets, and 3 vet assistants, they were all thrilled to see him doing so well.
Speaking of all the help he got. I was floored when I got the bill for his hospital stay. 3 vets, a 6 day stay with 24 hr care, and all his tests. It came to $489. I was expecting double, but he's still my million dollar baby. :)

He was resting when we got home, so I took some pictures of his ears. :lol:

·
Registered
272 Posts
ah ha ha hahahahahahahah!!!
i love it!!
i thought we were the only one to mess with Basset ears while they sleep...lol
glad to hear he's back to normal and it didn't cost you an arm and a leg!!!

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Wow, prices in your area are very reasonable. I wouldn't have blinked if you had put a "0" at the end of that number!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Awwww theres the gorgeous boy...he is so stunning...am glad he's better

Re Vet bill Bizzys is that and 1/2 agin, no stay overs just stupid tests that have showerd NOTHING

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Wow, your vet must really have low prices! I know a stay like that for Yogi would easily run over a grand for sure!
So glad Dudley has recovered from the parvo. He just gets cuter everyday! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yippee! I'm so glad Dudley is doing better. There is nothing sadder than a sick Basset Hound.

With vet fees like that, I think I'm moving to Colorado!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yay For Dudley! And yeah what a deal, parvo is so treatment intensive. Lonie spent 4 hours at the ER one night after his white blood cells tanked post chemo and even though I stopped by my clinic after hours and ran my own blood work it was still $300 out the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts