Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We walk between 6:00 and 6:30 in the morning. It gets too hot later in the morning. Rusty was sitting in the kitchen waiting ever so patiently for me to get his leash! What a good boy!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stickers is great! Thanks for asking about her :D I just started her on 1 Metamucil wafer daily for her anal issues. The Vet suggested it. I seem to be taking her to have her anals expressed every 4 weeks. Hopefully I will notice an improvement. Rusty has no issues with his. He only eats rocks :eek: :eek: :eek: Everyday they give me something to smile about! Never a dull moment around here!!!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Rusty could be my Eloise's brother! Have you tried adding plain yogurt to his food? When Charlie starts scooting, I add some yogurt to his food and the problem clears up.....

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Rusty is so handsome! And what a good boy to be so patient. Isn't it funny how they know their routine & seem to have an internal clock. Our routine is to walk in the evening & at about the same time every day, Spencer gets restless & starts barking at me (he's not so patient). ;) They are characters. I hope you have good luck with the Metamucil. I never did with Spencer. He needs his anal glands expressed every 7-10 days. I finally decided it was time to learn & now do it myself at home. While unpleasant, it is not difficult & it saves him the stress of going to the vet so often. Good Luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
He's got brilliant ears! And I must admit to being jealous that he awaits his walk so calmly. As soon as get near the leads my Lab starts jumping around like a nutter and Jasmine goes crazy running after her and barking. It's always mayhem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts