Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fred vs the kitten:

"mommy the cat started it I swear!":

if anyone is expecting Santa next year, I think Fred's gonna have him destroyed by then:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Fred is so cute!!! I love her "did you call me?'' look. It always crack me up when Virga perks her ears because it makes their head look about twice as big.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I love your pictures. Watching my cat and Lightning play is my favorite pastime, but I can never get photos. The game usually starts with Lightning chasing Mr. Kitty, but then the cat turns the tables and takes off after Lightning and, after a couple of circuits around the couch, leaping on him. Mr. Kitty weighs 10 lbs and Lightning weighs 60, and usually the game ends with Lightning running out the dog door to get away. They really go at it! But they never try to hurt each other. I bet Fred and your kitty will be best buds too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Our basset Tulip loves to play with the cat, too! It was her first playmate when she came home to us as a puppy because they were about the same size and our older dog wanted nothing to do with her.

Jacob (the cat) loves to get Tulip in trouble by knocking items of high shelves and tables she can't reach. Then, because Tulip can't let something so delectable sit on the ground without chewing on it, she MUST destroy it and get reprimanded. Jacob just sits back and enjoys the show: naughty kitty. ;)

They also ALL hang out in the back yard together like a happy little dog pack. (Even thought hey are a basset, a 15 lb rat dog mutt, and a big black cat.)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Aw, those are adorable photos! My guy loves his cat too, she washes his face whenever she gets the chance and in return she gets to use him as an electric blanket.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you! We love her SO much! Yeah usually the cat starts everything, Fred'll be playing with a toy and Samara (the cat) will pounce on her and the chasing and playing ensues.

actually she didn't have all that freckling when we first got her they just kind of appeared.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts