Basset Hounds Forum banner

My family thinks I'm Basset crazy

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  bjsibba 
#1 ·
I can't help it, ever since Sadie came into our lives I just can't get enough. When we first decided to get her, I still wasn't 100% sold on a Basset; it was my husband that wanted a Basset. But within days of having her I was totally sold and Sadie has stolen my heart. At my office I have Sadie pictures plastered on my bulletin board, I have a Basset desk calendar and get to see a different Basset each day and I have a Basset wall calendar. I found a Basset business cared holder & clock I want for Christmas for my office. Then yesterday when one of my staff were in my office talking to me I was looking at the pictures I have my wall. They are big 10x13 frames and have a mat in the frames with 5x7 flower pictures. I have had them since I've been in that office and yesterday as I was looking at them I thought how nice they would look with 5x7 pictures of Sadie in them. So I brought them home with me this weekend to find the perfect pictures to put in there. My office is slowly turning into a Basset office; I guess I have gone a little crazy. When I get my pictures picked out and in the frames I will have to post a picture of them.

#2 ·
Wait until you start decorating your home with basset accents (aka "basset crap"). Not only will your co-workers think you eccentric; your family and close friends will know you've fallen down the rabbit hole. ;)

#3 ·
I don't think you are alone with your collection and decorating with the Basset theme. When we remodeled our home, I wanted the master bathroom done with a basset theme. Our decorator fought me the entire way; however I won! Our master bathroom even has ceramic tiles around the basin with bassets. She told me that when we sell our home that will be one thing that will cause people to think twice. Well.....I don't plan to leave here alive so what do I care. Every time, I walk through the master bathroom I enjoy my bassets - on the ceramic tiles, figurines on the vanity, pictures and collector plates on the wall. I love it! My car has a basset hound that sits on the dash on the driver's side - many people say they recognize my car because of it. My desk at work (Fulton High School Secretary) is filled with bassets and the students add to my collection. So..........you are not alone!

#4 ·
I am also guilty of owning all the "Basset crap" :) My house is full of it & I love it. When people go on vacation, they always bring me back something Basset related & that is fun, because it is usually different from what I can get at home. My sister & her family just recently returned from vacation & brought me a magnetic ribbon for my car (like the support our troops ones) only it has a Basset on it & says "I love my Basset Hound." I have never seen one like it.

#5 ·
I must confess as well... I'm an instructor at a nursing school- My office has a basset planter with a thermometer in it's mouth... a watercolor of a basset nurse... and lots of pictures and nicknacks scattered about- including calendar on the wall. I've recently bought two basset posters and as soon as I get frames they'll be joining the rest :)

#6 ·
I'm referred to in my family as the "Basset whackjob". I tell people I'm living the basset lifestyle (although "style" doesn't seem to be playing much of a role in my life these days). I have tons of basset crap and if it wasn't for basset crap I'd have no decorations at all.
It's a beautiful Saturday morning and I'm online at basset.net.

#9 ·
MY husband has somehow put an invisible fence around my home office..it is crammed with basset crap that doesn't seem to try to cross very often. (ok ok, one or two pieces). I Keep vowing I won't buy any more, but...w hy just yesterday I picked up the cutest plate with Basset figures on it. I had just the place for it.....
Sharon Hall

G
#12 ·
(My house is shabby chic % ecclectic.LOL)My family thinks I have slid into Basset hound Dementhcia(SP)??.He (Tummy) has too much and I do too. We need to buy a bigger. (preferably down south.). Tummy Boy's Mom :) .(house)

G
#13 ·
Well, I have the same issue....
I even drive out of my way to go past houses with Bassets....
When I see a Basset being walked, I sometimes turn the car around to stop and talk with the owner. They are so rare here, I just cannot help it!
I too have Basset calendars, etc.
Are we all just Basset crazy????? Or is this what the wonderful breed of dog does to you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.