Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Dixie... She is such a beautiful masked basset... but this morning when I went to the utility room to let them out... This is what I found:

Please excuse the nasty eye booger in Stone's eye!

I have no idea what happened... or what bit her or where the source of it is... After getting over the initial shock of it though I thought it was pretty hilarious. She looks like she wants to be a sharpei! She isn't in any pain and eats just fine... its like its not even phasing her... I thought you all might get a kick out of it too! ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I do appreciate everyones concern but not an hour after that photo was taken her swelling had gone down 50% and by the end of the day there were no signs whatsoever of her ever having been swollen to that degree. I checked her mouth and teeth and lips and everything else I could think of for a source. We have TONS of spiders in this house and it seems nothing will kill the little boogers so I can only assume it was just a spider bite that she reacted to. Like I said, it wasn't painful and She barked at squirrels and chased after brother right after that photo was taken. She even let me push all around on her swollen face without a whimper and she is the whimpiest dog you ever saw. If it had been serious or painful this picture would have never gone up. I would have been at the vet. I don't know why I feel like I'm having to defend myself here.

Merry Christmas Eve to everyone though. :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.