Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flash is now 11 weeks old :) Went to the vet for some shots today, he weighs just over 13 lbs. Hubby said he thought it was 13 lbs 3 oz but wasn't sure. Vet says he is looking good and healthy :)

My silly dog. He cannot get up on the couch yet, even though standing on his hind legs, his head sticks up (basically about "shoulder" height when on hind legs). Yet at lunch, the boys left their plates on the table. I was goofing off on the computer and didn't notice there was food left. All of a sudden it is quiet in here-flash climbed the dining room chair and was up on the table eating the darn food! He apparently likes macaroni and cheese with broccoli lmao! He didn't even touch the ketchup or the hot dog on my son's plate but sure cleaned up where the mac was at!

Here is a pic from today, he was getting all kinds of wore out from chasing the cats and kids, so I put him on the couch to take a nap. I also finally got a flat basset pic, outside in the grass-but my laptop cannot read my phone's memory card for some reason.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
AWWWWWW! Very cute pictures, he's a doll.

When it comes to food, I don't think there's a whole lot that keeps them away. At least he had a veggie with "his" lunch!

·
Registered
209 Posts
He is too cute!

BTW....How do you get your kids to eat broccoli?? My 14yr old won't even be in the same room as it and forget about the 4 yr old!! :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
He's so cute!!! It won't be long now before he's too long to lay that way on the couch. Virga has to use one of our ottomans to lay that way on the sofa.

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
My 14yr old won't even be in the same room as it and forget about the 4 yr old!!
Now be honest can you blame them brocolli like most vegitables stink and taste terrible.

don't think there's a whole lot that keeps them away
with macey there are only two food discovered she eill not eat, mustard greens and mushrooms, she is also not fond of atomic fire balls. though she will eat hot peppers at leat pickled hot cherry peppers.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He is too cute!

BTW....How do you get your kids to eat broccoli?? My 14yr old won't even be in the same room as it and forget about the 4 yr old!! :)
Honestly, I blame their father. Oldest (almost 10) goes crazy for cooked spinach, beets (pickled or just out of a can) and brussel sprouts. His favorite thing at the moment is mussels-a place near us has a seafood buffet and you would think it was christmas whenever they bring out the mussels!

Now my youngest (4) will eat some veggies-but not nearly as good as his brother. In fact, I blame that on the show "veggie tales", he wants to play with his veggies instead. BUT the one meal he loves is liver and onions. Liver or hot dogs are about the only meat we are guaranteed to make this one eat in a meal!

I am not much of a veggie fan, my mom rarely served veggies with a meal because she is a picky eater and does not like them. Home cooked meal was hamburger helper to her!

the other morning my 4 year old set down his banana-completely peeled-and forgot about it. Flash found it and took off RUNNING! Boy does he have a good grip with that little mouth when he finds something good! I think in order to "train" my pup I need to work on children training first!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Aww! Flash is so cute! I'm impressed that he can get up on a chair to the dining room table, but not the couch. Thankfully, Fergus has it the other way. He hasn't pieced together how to get any higher than the couch!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aww! Flash is so cute! I'm impressed that he can get up on a chair to the dining room table, but not the couch. Thankfully, Fergus has it the other way. He hasn't pieced together how to get any higher than the couch!
I am pretty sure if he wanted to, he would be on the couch. But it is usually full of those pesky children that live here....much safer elsewhere. Besides, I think he prefers the sneak attack-the couch is noticeable (and the cats are on it, with paws ready!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts