Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wormmie you handsome devil you. ... I like a man in uniform....your doggles make you very distinguished.....
This weekend Dad has 2 parades so we are going to Grandmas --- I like going there coz Grandma feeds me from the table (MOM SAYS NO) but Grandma dog Charlie won't play ---- he is a spoiled Pom who thinks he is the boss but I say he is just an old yapper.
Then we are going to a pot luck on the way home..... whats a lucky pot ... maybe its a pot they give to a lucky pup to lick and I'll be the lucky one????
I hope Mom lets me wear my Dads a Shriner shirt then all the ladies and men swoon over me. I tried to do my nails with gold nail polish this morning that Sister dropped but Mom found out and scolded me --- said I was making a mess. Just trying to get ready for the PARADE!!!! Happy Canada Day!
Paisley

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
I hope Mom lets me wear my Dads a Shriner shirt then all the ladies and men swoon over me.
I have had many basset and varying degrees they tend to attract attention Toughy on the other and was just the opposite. What suprised me however Is he alway like to wear his cowboy hat (foam insert inside with elastic chin strap t keep it in place and out of his eyes) because of the attention it attracted .

The hat was part oi IMHO the best basset costume ever with vest star badge and a set of six shooters, The human wearing cuff, ankle and hand , black and white striped prison jump suit and a black hood over the head, the leash consisted of a noose worn around the humans neck and clip to dogs collar,

An for what I though was the best concept for a two basset costume consiting of on male basset with a beret, painter smock and easel with a female basset in fish net stocking and a short provacitve turn of the century (early 1900) dress. but know one seem to get the reference.
Bride and groom yes, toulouse lautrec and can-can girl not so much

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I love your uniform, Worm! You look very handsome in it, did you attract lots of girl bassets? I want one if you did get lots of girls!

Paisley, my dad is a Shriner, too!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Ummmm...Boomer? I can read this...dawg!

PS...Wormie I bet soon we will see you on Rosco, Layla, and Beezy's blog as a Famous Basset Hound!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Paisley, my dad is a Shriner, too![/QUOTE]

Yea!!! Boomer!!!! Shriners are fun!!! Is your Dad in the Shriner Band?? My Dad is and wears these curly toe shoes. He is also a Shriner Hillbilly (Mom too) I go with them sometimes cuz I'm the "HOUND DAWG". They would like me to Arrrooooo for them but so far I just do it in the privacy of my own place:p. A girl has to keep somethings private ya know.
Hope you get to go with Dad to the 4th of July Parades.
Pais

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Oh, Annie, my lovely, I am so sorry, forgive me???

Paisley, my dad drives an old firetruck, and some of the other guys drive go-carts. Mom 'n dad are Hillbillies, too! They just joined that club last year. I would like to go to a meeting, momma said they have lots of yummy food.

The big parade around here is Labor Day, maybe I can go in the parade this year on the firetruck!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Lookin good my man Wworm....that gives me an idea....hows about for our guy trip we can wear leather jackets and shades....and maybe we can get the girls in poodle skirts and scarves????:cool:

Because we're kewl like that,

Woody Hayes...

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lookin good my man Wworm....that gives me an idea....hows about for our guy trip we can wear leather jackets and shades....and maybe we can get the girls in poodle skirts and scarves????:cool:

Because we're kewl like that,

Woody Hayes...
**like** Woody Hayes!! you'll have to see my other thread for what i like to do with costumes, tho!

thanks for all the comments, basset buddies. i'm noticing now i didn't reply (even tho i did in my head, but not on the computah). i was looking back to see who else was a 'shriners' besides Paisley. we gotta kick out of reading that because my person used to volunteer at the Shriners Hospital, this one actually: Shriners Hospitals for Children - Shriners Hospital - Northern California

she says it is very, very impressive what y'all do and how u provide top care and surgeries for kids who need, need it. and for free for the kids & their famillies. glad u r part of such an excellent organization, basset pals.

please take pics as the "hillbilly hound" or on the firetrucks or in the parades, k? and keep us posted!
--Worm

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hey WWorrmmie: I just knew we had a connection -- and Boomers too! Thank you to your Mom for volunteering -- they are the guys that do all the HARD work --- Mom says we work hard too but at having FUN --- having fun to raise money for the hospitals -- so it isn't really all that hard coz everyone loves FUN! I'll try and get Mom to take my picture on Thurs. and then TRY to post it.... if you haven't noticed Mom is pretty dumb at this kind of stuff ..... but I'll keep her anyway.
By the way Boomer -- get your Dad to paint some spots on you and when you get to ride on the fire truck you will be in disguise -- everyone will think you are a dalmation!
Catch ya later ---Pais

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
maybe we can get the girls in poodle skirts and scarves????
why settle for the skirt and not go for the real thing.

Because we're kewl like that
Woody, Wormy your kind of kewl has Powder Blue Polyester leisure suit written all over it.

your pal Toughynutter

·
Registered
973 Posts
Anabelle wanted me to tell you Worm that you are one cool dude.

·
Registered
517 Posts
No Boomie I thing that Mr Toughynutter is jealous coz Dr Mikey won't let him out with the girl bassets -- he is afraid that -- you know -- what he keeps saying.
Toughy -- stand up and tell us about yourself!!!! Ya we know about your ralley and agility stuff but what are you REALLY like (Now don't let Dr Mikey put words is your jowls)! You can join in the fun too!
Pais

1 - 20 of 24 Posts