Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Jake has an ear infection. He scratched and fussed last night- I checked ears but couldn't see anything. This evening my husband was home so we tried to clean them (it takes two to hold)- I'm not getting any gunk out but one appears red and warm to touch. I used the last on my transderm for ears this evening. He's very sensitive and still doing the scratch shake head thing :( We have an appt in the morning but guess I'll try benadryl tonight. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I think allergies might be better than an ear infection - but I hate sick furbabies.

We're sending lots of drool and belly rubs his way. Hope he likes his new treats.

Elvis, Georgia, Ginger & Maggie

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He now has hives :( They showed up as soon as I got home from the vets-

A

·
0 Posts
go to the vet and get rx medications. Ask the vet to show you how to clean and use the stuff.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh his ears were fine :) I have the malacetic otic and know how to use- apparently he has developed some nasty allergies that we may have to work with- He is a very itchy lumpy boy today-

A

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Poor Jake--I've had hives--they're horrid--wouldn't wish 'em on my worst enemy!

Daisy Jayne and I send lots of drool and hopes for a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the links and I will go through them. The vet said we could allergy test if it doesn't clear soon or becomes a persistant problem. He mentioned a venison and potato diet if needed. When he pulled his records Jake was in same time last year with allergy symptoms. The vet suspects it's an envionmental trigger possible bermuda grass. He said that as the grass starts to green in our area he sees this a lot... and as I pulled up in our driveway I noticed our bermuda grass just budding out... Could be a coincidence but we may go the testing route... and replant at least the dog run with something else. He is on Temaril- P and omega fatty acid... the hives have finally started to clear - I always call him knot head... he was majorly a knot head this afternoon!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts