Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed my 7 month old male has a different breathing pattern than my 4 month old male. When they're both relaxing on my couch, the older one has a shallower more rapid breathing pattern than my younger one. It continues for several minutes until he falls asleep. The older one seems to "hang his tongue" out sooner on walks than the younger one too. That's opposite of what I'd expext for their age difference. There's no weezing involved, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed interesting breathing patterns when their dog is exercising, at rest or sleeping?

· Registered
1,471 Posts
I've noticed Maddie will usually only pant when she's distressed - she will, of course, pant after running a lot or playing hard, but it's never for very long. When she's settled on the sofa at night to go to sleep, she always gives a huge sigh, lol. She will also hold her breath when she's on full alert and listening.

· Registered
2,325 Posts
Ellie is fairly consistent on her breathing, other than after really active play, but it doesn't last long.

Jake, being a older gent, gets a little more winded playing, plus he is completely freaked out by loud noises (thunder, fireworks, & gun shots) and will nearly hyperventilate and run for a dark (safe) corner, or burrow so deep into my lap it is like he is trying to crawl Inside me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts