Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, My 11 year old basset hound Bentley was diagnosed with Lymphoma 10.30.10. He has had a couple episodes of facial swelling, first time it resolved on it's own, second was around Christmas and prednisone was begun and he has remained on it. As of today his face is once again swelling on the right side, kinda reminding you of a one sided "Spud's Mckenzie" snout for those of you who remember those commercials (forget the name of that breed). Anyways, just curious if anyone has experienced this, worried since he is already on the prednisone and he is swelling......I think the lymph nodes are malfunctioning. Will be touching base with the vet in the am, he is acting ok......just the look is scaring me more I think :( Thank you

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm so sorry about Bentley's lymphoma diagnosis.

I lost my Scully to lymphoma a year and 4 months ago. She did have a little swelling on her face, but nothing very noticeable. It was more like a couple raised lumps. I almost wonder if the facial swelling could be from the prednisone, but that's just a thought...I really have no clue. Sorry, that's no help, but it's good that you'll be in touch with the vet!

Sending thoughts and drool to you and Bentley.

·
Registered
616 Posts
So sorry to hear that Bentley is sick. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Oh dear. Hope the vet has some info for you! Healing drool from Doppler and Virga!

·
Registered
44 Posts
My Boss Hogg just turned 6. Lymphoma diagnosed August 2010. Chemo therapy was administered. We went into remission in November 2010.

February 1, 2011 out of remission, noticed swelled lymphs. Starting treatment again. This time, Prednisone 2 pills with Pepsid AC (no calcium) for 7 days. 1 1/2 pred. pill for the 2nd 7days. 1 pill for the 3rd 7 days. 1/2 pill for the 4th 7 days.

We administered (Vincristine) IV injection yesterday. On Tuesday,Wed,Thur,Friday we will give him pills (Cyclophosphamide).

(Vincristine) is an IV injection that cost us $141.
(Cyclophosphamide) prescription $9 for 5 pills. (Wall mart pharmacy)

Pepsid Ac is given for the Prednisone. Relieves tummy ache.

I hope Bentley will be okay. In Our prayers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about Bentley. :( We just lost our Grace to a fast, very aggressive Lymphoma January 31. She did not have much facial swelling, just a little behind her left eye. Most of her swelling was Around her throat/neck making it very difficult for her the breathe, and along the spine internally. We didn't notice much facial swelling, if anything she started looking gaunt quite fast. Good thoughts headed your way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts