Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that sounds crazy, right? But she did. Though only 9 made it. She had 2 still borns and 3 she accidently laid on. As for the sixth puppy it was the runt and only weighed 5 ounces. All of the others are doing great now. Have you ever had one to have this many pups?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Oh my goodness that would have been a lot of puppies to care for! I hope the surviving ones grow big and strong and a shame you lost some! :(

A friend of mine had 12 pups and all lived with the help of my friend helping to bottle feed them every couple of hours for the first few weeks. All survived and some have been Crufts winnners. I'll look out some pictures of them later on when I have more time.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hmm... most I've ever heard of was 14 and yeah it took a lot of work to keep them all going. So glad we only got the 3... it's easy enough keeping them from getting laid on and making sure they are getting enough milk.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hmm... most I've ever heard of was 14 and yeah it took a lot of work to keep them all going. So glad we only got the 3... it's easy enough keeping them from getting laid on and making sure they are getting enough milk.
I think it was goats' milk that my friend supplemented his 12 pups with evey two hours, to help out mummy Basset
and they all grew to be beautiful pups but good job it was in the school holidays as my friend is a teacher!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts