Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
If I go "la-la-la-la-la-....." in a soft, somewhat high pitch,Otis starts wagging his tail like crazy, then starts singing along with short (2-3 second) howls. If I make the same note, but continously ("laaaaaaaaaaaaa...."), he responds with much longer howls (4-5 seconds).

If I pull my guitar out of it's case, he doesn't even wait for the first note. He just starts a very agitated response, barking like mad. He hates that thing. Guess he doesn't think much of my guitar skills...

Most curiously, he seems to be particularly sensitive to a CD of Native American spiritual music. He instantly gets very quiet for a minute or so, completely prostrates himself with belly on the floor and all legs splayed out in four directions. After about a minute, he starts these long, low, EXTREMELY mournful howls that can last 6 seconds or more. He looks so sad during these times, I swear he's doing the doggy equivalent of crying. I call it "communing with the spirits".

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.