Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
two different times, for about an hour each time, i've been playing just normal pop music...or just popular radio. Usually like, the corrs, fiona apple, or kind of upbeat stuff of the same nature. Bowser seems oblivious. It really just depends on which room i'm in. He's asleep the whole time unless i leave the room, then he comes and finds me and lays on the floor next to me. if i leave the room again, he does the same thing. So, the sound doesn't really seem to distract him. He is more concerned in just being in the same room with me. He's 7.5 months old.

I find it funny to note, however, that the entire time we've had him, since he was six weeks old, we sleep with a noise maker. It's usually on "waterfall" which is continuous white noise. The other day, to annoy my husband, i put it on "heartbeat" and bowser came upstairs, looked at it for a full two minutes, then decided to freak out and act like it was a monster. I laughed at him and put it on the floor, and he went around and around it barking periodically. I changed the sounds to "crickets" then "rainforest" and "ocean" in turn, and each one he crept up to the noisemaker and sniffed it, then walked away. However "rain" made him tilt his head to the side dramatically and stare at it. But putting it back on heartbeat illicited more bouncing and barking. After a while i put it back on waterfall and he ignored it.

SO, there is an interesting story with sound for you. Don't know if it's relevant or not *lol*

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.