Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year our pet therapy group heads up our community Christmas parade-we are the first group in line,and the only group with animals, so everyone looks forward to seeing us. This year we had 12 dog/handler teams marching behind our therapy organization banner, with a student dressed as our mascot, and a couple of folks who made floats for their dogs on wagons.

This is a fairly long parade- lots of local school bands, floats, and groups like Girl Scouts, etc. with Santa in the rear in a gorgeous red sleigh pulled by a white horse- everyone in town comes out for this event and cheers as the parade marches up the main street to the town square.

Well, this year, we got about 1/2 way through the route, and Murray stopped- put his head down, planted his feet, and wouldn't budge. I thought he was having a problem with his leg so tried to pull him out of line- he didn't want to move. He's 65 pounds so I couldn't lift him, and by the time I coaxed and pushed and pulled him out of line, groups were stopped and backing up behind us- people were laughing but I was really embarrassed-

It turned out his leg wasn't bothering him at all- it was a poop emergency- as soon as I got him out of line and onto the grass, he pooped his brains out, then wanted to go back in to the parade- it was too late to re-join our group, so we stood and watched, and then walked home.

Next year I might make a wagon float for him.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Poor Murray!! That is too funny!! Yeah I would go with the wagon next year too! I would have been embrassed but been laughing at the same time!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
How funny! At least he had the sense not to poop right there in the road. Can you imagine?
That is what Jake did at the Board Waddle in Ocean City NJ! He pooped right in an intersection as the light turned green. I cleaned it up as best I could before the cars came through. Embarrassing! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts