Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I still have to be very careful with Peanut (she's 8)...especially around dogs she doesn't know. She is the "alpha" dog wherever she goes...my sister has a Pit/Shepherd (sp?) mix and outweighs Peanut by about 20 lbs...makes not difference...I see that "stare" coming and watch out! She and the dog next door have a very serious love-hate relationship...Sandy is very protective and aggressive over the fence and Peanut will just go straight at her! Of course..Tarquin usually starts it...

I also have to watch Peanut around little dogs..same dominance issue...my parents just got a new toy poodle...tiny thing...and we had to keep her away from Peanut for a couple of days so she could get used to her "being in her space", even then we still have to keep an eye on her! She seems to be fine at places like Petsmart and the park...but I guess her "domain" or what she considers her "domain" is a problem area. The vet..NO...she's terrified and just wants out...the more she can hide herself...the less the vet can see her...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.