Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
My Ruby is so unpredictable which dog she likes. There are no guarantees that she will not bite. I took her to the Basset Hound Walk in Stanley Park & she immediately recognized her own breed without hesitation. Sniffing her & Ruby sniffing them, but as soon as another type of dog she lunged for them. One man invited me over to meet Ruby. I was standing there with Ruby on her Gentle Leader about 2 ft. away. His Basset was a rather long haired type and barked just like a seal. As we were talking and without warning, she lunged and bit the dogs ear with blood and all. The guy's wife was crying and I am saying if you want to take him to a vet. The husband was calm about it all. The souvener t shirt that we picked up at the meet had a drawing of a basset biting the other one's ear. How appropriate!!!! Ruby is an super alpha female and just has to hump who ever she likes whether it's his head or ----. Oh and she is spayed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
With Ruby there is nothing predictable. My friend has 2 Chiwawa's (sorry for the spelling) and when we went to visit her her dogs were in Ruby's face barking. Ruby did nothing about it at all. She walked gingerly around them. My friend looked after Ruby when I was away on holiday's and nothing at all happened. The Jack Russel wee dog next door Ruby delighted playing with him even though he was tied up, and Ruby on her leash. When we are out walking though, any dog leashed or unleashed she will automatically lunge at them barking viciously. It's all I can do to hang on to her. So you see I have to be on guard all the time. Bonnie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.