Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my not so little Murdoc soaking up the last of Summer's rays.

He has found a nice spot on top of my son's sandbox. He makes it look comfortable.

I think that last pic that I posted he was 9 weeks old. Now he is 16 weeks and starting to get big.

As long as I am here, I have to ask a question or 2.
First: Is there a reason to register him since I am having him nuetered, he won't breed or be shown.

Second: My vet told me he had a tiny head, very feminine, anyone had a vet tell thim this? I am not concerned, but just curious. LOL

ok, so the second question was not really that serious, but the registering question is.

Thanks

·
Registered
484 Posts
Awww,a wonderful picture.

It is amazing how a Basset can make anything they sleep on top of, look comfortabl.

`By the way, I do NOT think he looks feminine!!He is a very handsome guy.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Murdoc is just adorable! In terms of registering him, sure go ahead. Here are lots of interesting thinks gyo can do with your Basset Hound other than conformation. You can show him in Obedience and now there is Obedience Rally. Then there is Tracking - which is totally cool, it is amazing to watch these dogs track. Agility is another option. So I would register him and then pick a sport. You will be amazed at what you and Murdoc can learn to do!

(Now I should say you don't necessarily have to have a AKC registration to do these things, but it may just make it easier if you want to compete.)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.. I had not even considered those options.. I will register him then.. I guess I was thinking on one track there.

So, I know you guys will be able to point me in the right direction.. How would I learn or start to learn tracking? That sounds very interesting.

Thank you again

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
That sandbox must trap the heat!

In terms of registration, I agree with Kathryn. I didn't register my first puppy, and then when she was almost two years old, I decided to show her in obedience. Luckily, we were able to track down the breeders (they were BYB's) to fill out the paperwork. You never know what you might end up wanting to participate in with your dog. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts