Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Yeah, but found this too. i'm gonna reserve judgment 'cause i really don't know. but it seems there is some controversy out there about this situation, enough controversy that I can't really take a side. there are a number of vocal dog owners who are upset about BHCA's support of this woman and the situation here, and don't see it as a conspiracy to "take away her dogs." in fact, one of the woman's neighbors complained about her-- that is how she got the attention of the authorities. that she complied w/the what needed to be done, that is what resulted in them dropping the charges, that's the way I read it-- not that they dropped the charges because they weren't valid. also, i know bassets get old, but that pic shows black things on its face. I don't know what it is, but doesn't look only like old age to me.

Her lawsuit argues that the barn is exempt from the rules, but it looks like the D.A disagrees, and feels it does not meet zoning requirements.

UPDATE: The PA dog docket: breeder lawsuit, kennel owner charges dismissed | Philly Dawg | 10/18/2010

i'm not saying the above is a great or unbiased article either, but the article from "Courthouse News Service," first calls her a breeder, then says she does not sell dogs, then says she's raised 17 litters, then goes to say she didn't sell them, she gave them away (?)... really?... then there was another post earlier that said that she is not a breeder. doesn't add up and there are contradictions here... anyways.

·
Registered
12,906 Posts
Sophie For Billy et.al. That have been following the case it has be always in the "political" forum I doubt he saw or read your Threac so he was providing an update that the suit against PASPCA is going forward.

Her lawsuit argues that the barn is exempt from the rules
If one looks at PA zoning laws it is umabigious a barn is not a dweling unit they are clearly defined the law on dog limit is part of the zoning law etc. Philly can arque all they want that is not what they meant but the law is clear and unambiqius and dog in a barn are not regulated. I have provide in the past posts on this subject links to PHill dog limit law the definition in the zoning laws etc. Let us say the County/city (the same in this case does not have a leg to stand on,)

first calls her a breeder, then says she does not sell dogs, then says she's raised 17 litters, then goes to say she didn't sell them,
Murder hollow is a hunt pack run in the manner of hunt packs in england they do not sell dogs to the public the may breed dogs for themselves and/or other hunt pack and exchange dogs etc. Fischer my harrier's sire was imported from a hunt pack in England. The hunt packs will sell to interested parties outside of england/great britian but would euthanize dog before selling then to the general public in side the country as pets. It is just the mentality. You will find conventionial definitions here do not hold water. Did Ms willard breed dogs on occassion yes but they were not sold, so how does that square with a conventional defintion of a breeder?
There is no contridictions if you understand the situation.

in fact, one of the woman's neighbors complained about her--
That is a claim with no supporting evidence. No neighbor has come forward and admitted to make a barking dog complaint. PASPCA has not produced nor in all honestly obilgated to produce any coroberating evidence ie phone log, that such a call was ever made. Suposedly a Business card was left on the door, not a Professional way to handle a "police" complaint IMHO When is the last time a Poilce Officer Left a business card with a note to Call me on it. It is also not the reason for obtaining the search warrant. Which again is very suspcious because obviously someone can not count, the purpose of the warrant was for PA dog law violations operating a kennel without a licences and with less than 25 dogs she was never in violation of the PA dog law.

So we have the manner of exceeding of the Philly County Limit on dogs. keep in mind the bonderies of the county of Philly is the same as the city. Any First year law student could rip the County's case to shreads on whether a violation occur. There is no provission for penalties under the law, and certainly you would not expect anything but a police state to give the ultimatium of hand over 12 dogs or we take all of them. That is the question why was she not given either the time to contest the charges or find suitable homes for the dog. but it is the SOP for the PASPCA if you don't believe me look at other cases I have cited in previous thread on this case.

but it looks like the D.A disagrees
Actual the limit was never part of any prosecution because Ms Willard "voluntarily" surrender excess dog that and the fact there are no penalties

that she complied w/the what needed to be done, that is what resulted in them dropping the charges
So you are saying that if Ms Willard was an axe murder and she promissed never to do it again they would have drop the charges Please. Again PASPCA standard operating Proceedure bring charges to force compliance with regulations that actual do not exist ie if you do a.b.c. we will dismiss the charges doing a.b.c. is a lot less costly than fighting the charges in most cases so for the average citizen it becomes a no brainer but it has a chilling overall effect a police state tactic. This could be easily solved if states like PA and they certainanly are only the tip of the iceberg because the same is true with the majority of states, turn over police investigative and enforcement authority to a private enterprise. Sort of like giving mall police the full authority of the state.

If you look at this case as a single incident it is possible to conclude that there is not a problem with the PASPCA but if you look at all the cases including the problem at the PASPCA run shelter. The politics involved in taking over the Policing and animal shelters of Philly and one can only conclude that the org does not have the best interest of PA citizens at its core.

, but that pic shows black things on its face. I don't know what it is, but doesn't look only like old age to me.
It was clearly explained in an early post. PASPCA sa it is a tick infestation. Barbara Wickland, BHCA representitive to AKC, basset hound athority and author, founder of Tri state basset rescue acual say the dog and say they are "hounor scars from doing what pack hound do, chasing rabbit in heavy corver (read briars) Macey has only been to a few field trials but she has a few of these herself. when the cut heal the skin blackens than the hair does not grow back leaving i small back "tick" spot. Those that had the honor and priviledge of dealing with Barbra Wicklund trust her judgement and integrety and honesty. Those that don't hatch a bunch of consperisy theories.

there are a number of vocal dog owners who are upset about BHCA's support of this woman
NO just one in particular and to see the clear unbiasedness of this individual I suggest you read bassettownhall blog on glaucoma and see if her opinion of the BHCA in general is not clouded.

I highly reccommend that anyone interested in the true facts of the case do the research, look at previous lawsuits brought against PASPCA and I think they will reach the same conclusion I did. there is a very troubling pattern of behavior by the PASPCA using threat and intimidation to get people to Voluntarily surrender animals
along with a host of other rouge behavior. If the Murder Hollow case were a single incident I perfectly understand giving the "trusted athorities" the benefit of the doubt, but when a pattern of behavior emerges , when PASPCA officer say they were specifical trained to use these tactic especial when working outside areas that that particular officer had legal athority, that benefit of the doubt evaporates very quickly for me anyway.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Soundtrack said:
And if the dogs were in such terrible condition, how is it that they were able to be altered and adopted out almost immediately?
That's the clincher for me. If they were really neglected there would have been months of rehabilitation, not straight into surgery the next day with a big dose of general anaesthetic. Which brings me to just how the hell did they expect the anaesthetist to sedate and monitor 12 dogs in 72hrs!? It's a miracle more didn't die.

Even ignoring that evidence, there's no denying a woman was abused by a bunch of self-righteous morons with too much power and little accountability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts