Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to be so indelicate- but I wondered if anyone else had a clue what might cause this... My Sami had bad diarrhea last night- Her bm had a lot of mucus- no blood- was very loose. Our vet recommended watching 24 hours unless she worsens. She was eating, drinking, tail wagging... just up every hour all night long needing a potty break (mom is exhausted). I came home at noon today to take her to the vet- She's perfectly fine :roll: This has happened once before with her- I worry she may have some horrible disease process I'm ignoring... while the other part of me suspects she may have just eaten something she shouldn't have- The other babies appear fine... but they had caught a baby mouse so I've wondered if maybe there was another-

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi, sorry I came in late in this, but I just got signed up...my Daisy-dog stole a large chunk of roast beef off the table last weekend and her poo was mucusy--I believe it was because of the fat marbled thru the beef. And she got quite a lot of the beef--I'd say appx. a pound, as it started out as 2+ pound roast before supper! Same thing as your dog, happy as a lark, not eating, naturally, after a huge feast like that, LOL, but drinking and playing as usual. I was up and down with her all night, too, and had to shampoo a carpet in the morning, too. :( I sympathize!
I basically need someone to guard the table as I clear it after supper, she eats dog food but boy does she love people food!
BarbR

1 - 2 of 2 Posts