Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
"Tree a squirrel"
ha! I like the use of tree as a verb there.

this is certainly one from the, "You Don't See THAT Everyday," category.

·
Registered
973 Posts
This is a photo fitting for the dog equivalent of the lolcats website. If I had stumbled upon this scene in the street I think I would've fallen over laughing.

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
Hmmm may it me but I don't see a basset or a goat. It only Aqualung

as for the caption

...Aqualung my friend don't start away uneasy
you poor old sod, you see, it's only me" :eek:

·
Registered
973 Posts
I envision the caption as something like "DUDE! WHAT are those huge things coming out of your HEAD?!"

·
Registered
761 Posts
I was going to ask if Mr. Buddylee was howling or barking. I want goats and pigs one day. I'm trying to convince my husband to let me get a micro mini potbelly pig. They're so cute and smart as can be! I wonder what the dogs would think about a little piggy in the house with us?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Well, that explains how Mikey knows everything! :D

What cute pics, esp of baby goat.

Never knew this until i started going to parks because of Worm, but we apparently have the Shrek mule here in town. Worm met him ("I've never seen such a big dog before...!" and i'll try to take a pic next time...)

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
We lived next door to a potbelly pig once. It had been overfed, and ended up 600 lbs. It was huge. My basset at the time would smell it through the fence occasionally, but usually ignored it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was going to ask if Mr. Buddylee was howling or barking. I want goats and pigs one day. I'm trying to convince my husband to let me get a micro mini potbelly pig. They're so cute and smart as can be! I wonder what the dogs would think about a little piggy in the house with us?
Buddylee combines a howl and a bark. A lot of other animals and people do not realize that it his enthusiastic response. The goat really didn't know what to think about Mr. Buddylee's voice. Izak actually got off the bench shortly after the photo was taken, tucked his chin down and wanted to butt into Buddylee. At that point it was time to say goodby!

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
Buddylee combines a howl and a bark
the hound term for this is bay or bawl. fwiw it is the voice hounds use when in persuit of game . Might be why some animal aren't enthusiastic about it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the hound term for this is bay or bawl. fwiw it is the voice hounds use when in persuit of game . Might be why some animal aren't enthusiastic about it.
Mikey T is a tremendous asset to this forum. He is the "google" of Bassethoud knowledge. Thanks for saving me time and sharing your knowledge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts