Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello, I have been trying to capture this trilling voice(on the way to one of his many outings) for weeks. Hear this odd little sound at: The Adventures Of A Lovable Hound - Where Is Buddylee? and please let me know if you have heard something similar through the drooling lips of your Hound?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Oh yes this is typical "Lily Speak" in our house though hers is more high pitched. It's like nails on a chalkboard after a while of it though.

~Heather

·
Registered
21 Posts
My prior Basset/Beagle mix Rosie made that noise. She did it when she was really excited. It somehow reminded me of a Turkey Gobbling so I used to call her "Turkey Dog".

Daisy makes a noise a little like that, but she does it when she doesn't want me to go to work. She sees me grab the keys and put on my sunglasses and she starts with the turkey noises.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Oh yes this is typical "Lily Speak" in our house though hers is more high pitched. It's like nails on a chalkboard after a while of it though.

~Heather

here too! Our Fred does this noise but it's very high pitched and...annoying. She usually only does it when we're outside and she sees a dog or person she wants to get at and slobber on. But it turns into full out baying if she doesn't get her way:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Annie makes this noise the minute she sees me with the leash. And if I don't get her hooked up fast enough it turns to baying.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Cannoli has an incredibly wide range of sounds, and yes one of them is similar to this. This is what she does for "speak", we prefer it to a full on bark.

We often joke when she gets going that she could get a job as a metronome, she just keeps going with such a regular rhythm.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sophie used this voice daily - in situations where she wanted something and was excited it would soon be happening. Ie I'd be sitting on the couch patting her - and if I stopped she would use this voice until I continued - sometimes it was easier to continue than to hear this ongoing noise as the noise can be quite demanding and relentless. In hindsight I can see that I probably trained her that trilling would result in her getting what she wanted but what she wanted never seemed like she was asking for something bad. She would use this when I'd go and get her lead to take her for a walk - excited anticipation of something she knew she enjoyed was a bout to take place. Pre breakfast and pre dinner too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ringo doesn't do any sort of weird sound, Ella kind of does this but its louder and more vibration in it when she is super hyper, she sounds just like Chewbacca from Star Wars when she does it :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts