Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Haven't been on here in quite awhile, we moved into my boyfriend's brother's house awhile ago and have been very busy!

FINALLY we are moving into our own place and am looking for some tips for helping the dogs adjust. I did a quick search on this but didnt see anything so sorry if there is was already a recent thread on this.

We are moving only about a 10 min drive away and we are just a little unsure of the best way to introduce the dogs to the new place. Should we let them go to the house before we move everything in? We move Tuesday but have the keys now and could take them over Monday night or something.

The yard is pretty much fenced in, one section isn't but the previous tenants had a dog as well and have a make-shift fence that hopefully will work for Ella. I don't plan on leaving her out there unattended until I know she can't get past it.

They are both potty trained and dont have accidents in the house, should I go back to basics with the whole potty training thing to be sure though?

Any tips or suggestions would be great!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Each time I've had a dog escape and end up in the doggie jail, it was right after a move. It's was a combination of us being tired from the move, and them looking around a new place. If there is a way out, they will find it.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
They are both potty trained and dont have accidents in the house, should I go back to basics with the whole potty training thing to be sure though?
yes for most dogs housetraining is place specific new place new housetraining is require.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts