Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm watching a movie where a guy is looking for his missing cat right now. He is driving around putting up signs and calling "Here kitty kitty".

My dogs are going absolutely berserk.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That is soo funny! Last night my husband and I were watching a movie and this little girl came on and Gracie ran over to the tv and was wagging her tail. She sat down in front of the tv, tail a-waggin. Then she put her front paws up on the entertainment center to get a better look. It was the funniest thing! I whispered to my husband,"where's the camera?" It was on the entertainment center...of course.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
How funny! The only time Boomer watched TV was when Letterman came on. Boomer ran up to the TV and was watching his hands.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
It's probably the sound and flashing lights.
dogs are much better at seeing motion It is believe forinstance that the 30 frames per second that tv and movies run at that dogs actual see each frame individual rather than as continious motion. My dog will respond to the sounds from tevelivison not so much pictures

How Dogs See

Canine Senses: How Dogs See

Dogs can detect flickering lights at a high frequency. Unlike humans, for whom flashing lights blend into one at a frequency of between 50 and 60 Hz, dogs can keep seeing flickering up to a frequency of 70 Hz. This is why dogs don’t always show much interest in television, which - at least, in its pre-digital form - consisted of a series of fast-moving lines. What appeared to us as a steady stream of images appears to them as little more than a rapidly flickering collection of shapes and lights. [1]
Can Dogs See Colors?

·
Registered
517 Posts
This has nothing to with movie night ... but thanks Mikey for posting the dogs view spectrum. Many people say dogs only see in black and white but for years I have been thinking noooo... Our last dog was a Springer Spaniel who loved to play ball and his favorite was a bright neon yellow tennis ball. One spring when I planted yellow marigolds old Sam proceeded to take each and every top off those flowers and drop them at my husbands feet. They looked just like his tennis ball. Luckily Paisley does not like to play ball so again this year I planted those same neon yellow marigolds in one of the beds. Low and behold I look out and our neighbours Golden Retriever was out there and gently beheading my flowers and making a pile of tennis balls . Guess its the last year I plant tennnis balls.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Andy Griffith.. nice.

Yes, I've been fascinated by Worm watching TV, too, esp when there are 4-legged creatures on, but also people. Much different from my old dog who showed no interest whatsoever. May be because as Mikey says the TV's have changed.

I'm also intrigued by Worm being able to see in mirrors and reflections in glass-- now can someone explain that?? my old dog (who was not a basset) couldn't seem to see anything there, tho i tried to show him several times. With Worm, we are in apt where there are many mirrored closets, even in hallway. He will stand in place where he can't directly see me, but is watching me in the mirrors. it's really interesting. and he is making eye contact w/me in the mirrors... sometimes it's spooky...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts