Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a thing? The mosquitos are rampant up here already. I worry about west nile. The were biting Bo last night, in the back yard.

Sandy

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
K9 Advantix repels mosquitoes, as well as ticks. I used it for a year or so, and can testify it works. The only reason I switched back to Frontline is because a holistic pest guy (yea, I know) told me Frontline is better at long term eradication of ticks. I very well might go back to K9 Advantix next year, though, because I've found a tick or two on Yogi since switching back to the Frontline.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
We've always used Frontline. We used to tease that the bird of FL is the mosquito. Poor little Ruby used to get bit up like mad when we lived there. Oh and those horrific dive bombing yellow flies were the worst!

Ruby never spent very much time out in the yard during the muggy seasons because of the bugs. She'd hang out with us on the screened in lanai.

Our here in southern CA, we've seen flies and bees (I have a lot of flowers) and those "no-see-ums" gnats.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I can't say it this works or not, but we have ordered one of these for Bogie to wear when we go camping. Hopefully it will fend off the mosquitos. You can get it at Orvis.com for $15.00, and it's called "BUZZ OFF" Insect Shield Bandana. The ad states that it protects from ticks and biting insects, and they come in tan, blue, and red.

Aroooos from Bogie!!
You don't own a Basset, a Basset owns you!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts