Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Minnie is at it again. This morning she tore a hole in the only fence panel that was covered with plastic "safety fence". While I was repairing that this evening, she discovered that there was enough play between the bottom of an end post and the stretcher rod for her to squeeze out. Of course, every time she pulls one of these stunts her sisters follow her out.

I should mention that although Minnie gets all the attention, the other pups are no slouches in the brains department. Deela is incredibly clever at finding and stealing Ginger's eye drops, and I've seen her working the fence in a manner similar to Minnie. Leila knows how to open most of my crates. Vina and Lenore are not as innovative, but once Minnie shows them an exit they are quick to figure out how she did it and follow her.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Flash proved he is smarter than he looks too! My in-laws usually take care of Flash during the day so he isn't alone much, but last week they were on vacation so he was left in the breezeway during the day while we were at work. Our breezeway is fully enclosed with windows on both sides and is the dogs room. Their kennels, beds, some toys etc. are in there and it's where we leave them when we go out for a bit.

Apparently Flash didn't take to kindly to being left in there for so long because when my husband came home from work one day Flash was lying on his back in the front yard catching some rays. We had left the windows open so he had plenty of fresh air and he had pushed the screen out and climbed outside!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts