Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, i've been searching around here a lot lately and there are some (i'd have to go wit all really) ADORABLE thumbnails/avitars, but just not enough photos!!

I want to see puppies, and half-growns, and adult bassets! All stages of growth! I LOVE seeing the same poses and looks in all of your dogs as my silly Bowser does, and it just cracks me up how adorable and loving this breed is as a whole.
So, More pics please! You're starving me here! ; )

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
All 3 are of my Boomer, 6 months old, taken yesterday and today.

The last pic is Boomer telling me what he thinks of all of my picture taking. :lol:

boomer6mon.jpg

boomer6mos.jpg

boomertongue.jpg

·
Registered
774 Posts
My daughter and her basset buddy.

Dingus (the blonde) Cannoli and my moms dog Charlie after an afternoon of playing hard.

·
Registered
562 Posts
If you click on my user name to the left, and then click on statistics, and THEN click on 'Find all threads started by user', or something like that, you will find my shots of Rosco and Layla. I always link people to the Facebook photo albums or Youtube videos I post.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Lovely pics above, especially when we click the yellow bar to enlarge them!!!

Here's my Lucie and Lottie that I took a couple of weeks ago.
They are truly inseparable, do everything together and have been together from birth!

9 weeks old - their first day with us

10 weeks

They took my knitting wool outside without me knowing and I saw this outside the kitchen window!!

They seem to like my wool!!! They had already unravelled this scarf before, hence it was wound up into balls!!!

5 months old, eyeballing my Basset ornament (it has awful staring eyes)!

Lottie in her favourite pose... she sits up for ages and balances really well on her bum and tail!
Here she was on the scrounge for something from the barbecue!!!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Aww, and double Aww! they are beautiful.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i LOVE these! I've looked in the gallery, and i've seen those cute waddle videos *LOL*

This is awesome!

As soon as we get a house (looking at this time next year) my housewarming present is another basset hehehe

·
Registered
973 Posts
Various pics...

Basset puppy in a shelter:

·
Registered
774 Posts
I am in so much trouble, I will end up with another basset eventually and my family will say I'm crazy for sure. Those two bassets together are the cutes thing ever!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Beau would like some treats, please.

I need to frame this one...

Hound dogs on the couch. GingerSnap hates the camera flash, so she closes her eyes and looks silly.

Aaaand just a random "sit" picture. You can see his belly & foot freckles a little here!

·
Registered
878 Posts
I LOVE seeing everyone's pictures of their gorgeous hounds!

okay, so how did you get your long dog to sit up without tipping over? LOL
Lottie just does it all the time, we never taught her! She started sitting up at around 5 months, one day, out of the blue whilst having her supper and she has done it ever since! She really can balance for absolutely AGES and her bed (one of the three they have in different rooms) is between the kitchen table and the window and her head often appears above the table as she sits up in her bed to see what's on offer and her bed has lots of comfy cushions and blankets on, so she often sits up for ages and can also spin round on her bum and look out of the window!

Often when we are on a walk in the park or beach, people of all ages stop and make a fuss of the Bassets because they are rare where I live, and Lottie, ever the poser, pops up like a meercat as she knows it gets attention and loads of people have snapped her with their phones as she looks so cute!

Lucie is a bit longer than Lottie and she sits and rests her front paws on my legs and I wouldn't encourage her to sit on her own in case she falls over but Lottie has such amazing balance! We have had a Basset sit exactly like that, once before in the late 80s (from the same breeder too and we called her Lottie because one of her parents was called Lowaters Lottery and I like the name Lottie. When we got the two sisters, one of them had a distinctive white L shape (now filled with lovely small red patches) on her back so she was instantly Lucie and we thought Lottie went with the name and it was funny that our only two Lotties in a lifetime of Basset ownership (several older rescues as well as pups) have both been the only ones to sit up like meercats!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
These are too cute! Thanks to everyone for posting.

I was wondering, does anyone had any pictures of their bassets as puppies then as adults? :)

·
Registered
878 Posts

I was wondering, does anyone had any pictures of their bassets as puppies then as adults? :)
I have hundreds of pics of mine at all ages!!! :D Here's a few!
Here's some pics of ours at 5 weeks when we first saw them (7 in litter)
We 'chose' them at 3 weeks of age by pics of them as I loved the colour

(Click yellow bar to enlarge)

Next lot of pics are 9 weeks when we first brough pups home

8 months

18 months

two weeks ago

·
Registered
181 Posts

As mine were Rescues they were part grown when I got them.
Rupert was 6 months and looked like this.

Dudley was a year old and like this,

Patience was 13 months and like this.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I wish I had lil puppy pictures, Cannoli was 6 months old when we got her. Here she is the day we picked her up, I don't think you can truly appreciate how happy my daughter was from this picture. She cried all the way home hugging that dog, she was so happy to get her. Cannoli knew she was going to a better home, she never looked back just jumped into the car with my daughter and has been her dog from that moment.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts