Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Momma put on my harness and my leash, and I thought we were going for a walk. Momma put me in the car instead, so I thought she was gonna take me someplace else for a walk. Oh boy!

Instead we stopped in front of a building that smelled like lots of other animals and funny smells, and I peed on the sidewalk.

We go inside, and it smelled even more! There was a doggy there I tried to make friends with, but he didn't want to.

Then, momma takes me into a room and I had to stand on some strange platform.

I got picked up and put on the table, but that was ok, the girl was very nice, until she held me tight and they tried to cut my feet off! I hollered and hollered, and the other lady had to put a muzzle on me because I started snapping and she didn't want me to bite anyone.

I guess they didn't cut my feet off, because they made me stand up, but then they shot me! That didn't hurt at all, but I don't understand why momma was letting them do all this to me, and telling me "It's ok, Boomer, it's ok." No it's NOT, momma!

And, and, THEN! I think they are vampires, because they took some blood out of my leg! They said they had to check for something called a heartworm. I've seen earthworms, and cicadas, and flies, but never a heartworm.

Then we had to sit and wait to find out if I had a heartworm, and the nice girl gave me a treat and I gave her lots of loves and kisses even though she tried to help cut my feet off. She told me I was a very pretty boy.

The test said I didn't have any heartworms, and I got some medicine so I don't get any. I wanted to see a heartworm, I like bugs, but momma said that I don't want this kind of worm, so I believe my momma even though I'm mad at her right now.

We went home and I got a big drink and now I'm sleeping on the floor.

Mean 'ole momma.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that momma said the platform I stood on was called a scale, and it sees how much you weigh. I weigh 48 lbs, which must be ok, but momma swears I weigh as much as an elephant, especially when I jump on her in bed.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Boomah!! i think your Momma took ya to the Dog Park. there's all these other dogs in the room, yes? i always try to play with 'em, like you, but my person says 'no, this is NOT the Dog Park.' hmmm, ok, i'm confused now.

BUT, i also get taken to the place where they cut your feet off!! it's called "Petsmart." kinda like a Dog Park too. it's the place where Woody hit on a gal and got to get smart with her. i always look skared. they take this machine called a grinder and do stuff to my feet. it's weird.

well, i hope your momma DOES take you on a walk soon. y'oughtta get more rewards and treats for putting up with all the tricks!
--your pal, Worm

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Momma said if it's a little cooler this evening we can walk, and she is giving me an extra treat.

Oh yeah, they also stuck something in my butt(!!!), opened my mouth and looked in it, and looked in my ears, and then the one lady stuck her hand between my rear legs! Really, now!

·
Registered
209 Posts
WOW!!! Sure sounds scary Boomer ol boy!

Our spoiled rotten little angles get pedi's and mani's from mommy.....Which they are not all that crazy about either!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Oh Noooooo!! Momma says I am going to that place tomorrow. I need my monthly Addison's shot. They're gonna steal my blood too!! Oh I hope they don't try to take my feet away too!!!!

·
Registered
13,055 Posts
Momma said if it's a little cooler this evening we can walk
time to play this up for all it worth boomer. This time when Mommy gets the leash and harness run and hid she wiil be forced to get a treat to get you out from under the bed. She'll say shes sorry etc don't believer her act all scared and stuff of the leash and harness an you'll get ton's of treates and loving. You need to remind MOM that two can be a trickster as well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oh Noooooo!! Momma says I am going to that place tomorrow. I need my monthly Addison's shot. They're gonna steal my blood too!! Oh I hope they don't try to take my feet away too!!!!

Hi Molly,

Bessi and Smili here....Try the flat Basset pose and what ever you do....Don't move a muscle! Your mommy will have to scoop you up with a spatula...and I doubt that she has one that big!

That doesn't work so well for us as we are only 15 lbs so if we don't want to be pick up we scatter. Ha, dad has to chase us both around the house!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Oh no my sweet Boomer :wub: Are you ok now??

I hope you get a walk and some really good treats!

I'm starting to feel better...now if I could get my momma to feed me my normal yummy meal again instead of this boring rice, boiled chicken and pumpkin business! :blink:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Bowser says "mama an dada twide to cut off mah toes just yesterday...it was horrible an i grumbled an fussed, an dada had to sit on me but i wouldn't hold still...dey were twing to cut off mah TOES!"

·
Registered
517 Posts
Funny Miss Paisley needs her nails cut too ---- I am not even reading this to her coz so far she loves going to get her pawdeecure.... I think she just likes going to Petsmart coz she gets to pick out a treat -- remember she is so deprived and we don't give her cookies?
Paisley Here -- Bowser,Boomer and Molly -- just don't fight it -- its over in a minute and you get treats.... well I can see ya being upset about the rest ... its better to see the vet when your healthy -- right Molly--- than when you are sick ... but its still scarey --- even though I love my vet girls... Mom says i have to go this weekend for a weigh-in -- yep they weigh me then give me a treat -- now does that make sense? So I figure -- take me every day and that way I'll get cookies.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Annie needs a pedi also...I lost my mind slightly yesterday and sat outside with a regular nail file and attempted (a very short attempt) to file some of her longer nails. It was pretty funny since it made absolutely no difference at all. I realized that pretty quickly though so I didn't look foolish for all that long :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, my dear Annie, I am much better. I slept a lot this afternoon, and momma gave me extra treats!

The vet people are very nice to me, except when they are trying to cut my feet off! I hope the rest of you guys 'n girls do better than I did. I think I embarrassed momma a little with my squalling.

We didn't go on our walk, it was still too hot and humid. We can just go around the block, and I am panting and laying down, and momma is drenched with sweat. It hasn't been a very nice summer for bassets or peoples.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Yogi says you need to get mom to do your nails with a dremel. Mom does my nails and I get so many dried out hot dog cookies. I've got my mom so well trained that she gives me way more cookies for each nail than what I should get. I just pull my paw back until I get what I want. Mom's a sucker!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey guys and sweet gals,

I go to petco and my buddy Jeff does my nails.....it's not so bad and they send me home with a big bag of cookies....they also bath me and de-fur me (whatever that is, to me it's just brushing like ma does).....plus there are all sorts of new friends (like my girl pal Bernice the St Bernard).......so it's all good. But I agree to milk it for all its worth guys...mom's are pushovers for us babies....

peace out everyone,
Woody Hayes

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Wormie, my vet has those! When I was a baby, I used to go to puppy parties at the vet on Friday nights. All the puppies who were patients got invited and we got together in the waiting are and played and played and played. Halfway through, Dr H brought out a huuuge container of dried hot dogs and all the mamas and daddies fed them to the puppies. All you had to do was be good and sit, lay down, or other tricks. We all knew sit and that's really how we earned the hot dogs. The best part was when there were kids there and they'd just keep feeding them to us without having to do anything. It's no wonder I LOVE kids. Once a chihuahua ate so many she threw up. Silly puppy!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Wow, Molly, that is so kewl!! do ya get to go to them again since Winston's a puppy? puppy partees, that sounds like lotsa fun. i can't wait to try some dried hot dogs, since i really loooove non-dried hot dogs.

haha, i love kids too. cause they feed me all sortsa stuff. i don't think i told u pals the part of my parteee about how me and my pals (at least 3 other doggies) all et too much and had loose stools for a day or two. we kept our peeples up by having to potty a lot that nite. haha.

well, my person said she wasn't keepin' close track of me at the parteee, so a lot of peeples were watchin' me and kids too. everybody fed me stuff (she was a bad momma!), esp the kids. at one point, 5 kids asked if they could feed me food from the doggie food station. she said "ok but just carrots" because i had lotsa pieces of doggie sausage already. 5 min passed and she turned around to see that the kids had lined up 10 carrots for me to eat! and i was hungrily eatin' them. That's not even to say all the carrots they had already given me up to that point... kids are great!

but i paid for it by getting a swelly belly that nite and loose stools 3x that night and an angry, sleep-deprived person all nite long as a result. haha, we slept in until 3:30pm the next day after the parteee.... or was it 4:30?
--your pal, Worm

1 - 20 of 44 Posts