Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Molly qualified at the hunt test today and earned the title of Senior Hunting Hound. She is the first rescue basset with a CD to reach this level. Molly teamed up with my trio-dot, Y. Lee Coyote and Critter to run as a 2 couple pack. Critter developed a minor foot problem and was picked up. Dot also earned her SHH title and Y. Lee earned the Master Hunting Hound title.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Way to go!!! Congrats all around!!!

Alice :D

A

·
0 Posts
Molly showed all those field trialers that a city slicker can hunt up a rabbit with the best of them (meaning Dean's dogs!)! It was a beautiful run. Thad Makowski said it was the best of the day. They were running in such a tight pack I couldn't tell one dog from the other. If (when) she qualifies 1 more time in a brace she will be a Master Hunting Hound. How exciting! Give your Basset the gift of it's life and let it chase rabbits! Take care, Belinda. P.S. Thank you Dean, once again, for introducing me to this wonderful sport!!

[ October 03, 2003, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Belinda ]

·
Registered
939 Posts
for some reason Dean and best just don't go together,unless your talking about pissing somebody off,than Dean's the MAN!!!!!!!!

A

·
0 Posts
I'm glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor (sarcasm?)! I need one of his dog's to run with Molly in a brace, so I have to be nice to him for a while. Take care all, Belinda.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Billy, everybody has a speciality!!!!
Belinda, don't you hate it when you have to suck-uo to somebody like me.-- Pick your hound and date!! Dot and Molly??

A

·
0 Posts
The next BHCA Hunt Test is at Delsea Beagle Club in Elmer, NJ on Nov. 22. Dot or Critter would be great. Thanks again, Belinda.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Better late than never--photos!

Belinda's Molly and Dean's dogs--members of the 2-coupled pack.

Dean brings his dogs in.

Molly in hot pursuit!

Molly heads out of sight after her rabbit.

Dean's dogs follow Molly's lead.

Away they go!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I guess we will have to listen to countless tales of how great Molly is.
She won the open class at Pomona Meadows and is now a RABBIT CHAMPION !!!!
Scenting conditions were not great and the bunnies were hiding. Molly did a great job of hunting, and found 2 rabbits to run.
WAY TO GO , MOLLY!!!!!!!!

A

·
0 Posts
I want to tell countless tales of how great the people of the American Hunting Basset Association are!! Dean Wickwire posted on this forum 5 yrs. ago and it changed forever my "Basset life". I'm overwhelmed with emotion right now that Molly is a rabbit champion. I never would have thought she would qualify. Yes, I cried. She's sleeping (passed out) on the human bed right now (don't tell the Significant Other!!). Thank you Dean and Ben!!! Belinda.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Congrats to Molly!!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
R.Ch.Good Grounds Cowgrrrl Blues CD,SH.has a nice ring to it doesn't Belinda!!! i got to see Molly run b/4 i had to go out and scratch Raider so i could get him down to Maryland in time( i made it by the way).she did what she had to do to win today!!! Belinda was so happy!!! i was so happy for her and Molly that i even let a few tears of joy out,and i think Dean did too!!!!! i was hoping for a better Victory Dance,but the strip tease was a pleasant suprise!!!!!! :eek:

A

·
0 Posts
My "strip tease" consisted of me taking off my briar chaps. I think Billy was out in the sun too long! Thanks everyone for all your support and words. Take care, Belinda.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Congrats to
R.Ch.Good Grounds Cowgrrrl Blues CD,SH. And of course cudos to her owner/handler Belinda.

You guys sure sound like your having a blast right along with the hounds.

[ October 19, 2003, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Barbara Winters ]

·
Registered
239 Posts
Congrats to Molly and Belinda! Wish we could have been there to see Molly's win.

What Belinda said about the AHBA folks is so true! Everyone is more than willing to help out us newbies.

See everyone in November.

Alice with Fred (hunter) and Harley Chick (non-hunter) :D

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Barbara, we do have some fun, but we also have some serious rabbit hounds-example Molly and her SHH title(not SH which can have several definitions).
As Jersey Girl said, we are doing it again in NJ on Nov 16. come on out and join us.
For those in the New England area, there is a fun large pack hunt on hare the Sunday after Thanksgiving near New Bedford MA. details at 11.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts