Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went yesterday morning to pick Moe up at the vet but they couldn't release him to me. The doctor needed to check him out first but he was in a meeting. :( I felt terrible but I needed to get to work so I ended up leaving him there for a few hours. :( :( :( :( Of course, it got very busy at work (it's NEVER busy after 2PM) so I didn't get out ill 4:30 instead of my usual 3PM. :angry: I rushed to the vet and picked up my poor Moe, who was VERY happy to go home. He looked like a patchwork quilt but he was much more alert than the last time I saw him and his incisions looked better. Nothing was oozing, anyway. Hard as it was to lwave him there overnite, I'm glad he got to stay there with stronger pain killers. He has two 6" cuts and two 3" cuts on his right side, one 5" cut on is right elbow, and a 2" cut on his tail. They removed nine cysts but left one biggish one because there wouldn't have been enough skin to stitch it up, being so close to the others they took. He spent most of last evening wandering around the house before settling down on his bed around 8PM. This morning he is acting a little more like himself - begging for sandwich meat when I made my husband's lunch for work, begging for and eating all his morning cookies, going outside with Tally and then again alone, and summoning up a rusty howl for the school bus (he's a little hoarse :( ). He even tracked down a Milkbone that had been kicked under the desk, whining till I pulled it out for him to eat. B) I can't wait till the staples come out - I'm sure he'll feel better then but that won't be for two more weeks. Anyway, he's home and on the mend, and I'm happy to have him back! :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I'm so glad your frankenhound is home where he belongs. And starting to act like his normal self!

It always amazes me how resilient they are and how trusting of us to let us "torture" them with stitches and staples.

Welcome home Moe!!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
So glad that he is home and doing OK. We'll keep the healing drool coming.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Wonderful news!! I know you both are so glad. Keeping you both in my thoughts for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I'm so glad your baby is home. Now he can get spoiled. Buckets of healing drool being slung from Moose Jaw!

Sandy

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm so glad to hear he's home. WHat a load off your mind. Is Moe anything like Francis in that he plays up the tragedy in the hope of scoring more treats??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts