Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those interested:

Philly Dawg see Nov. 14th post, link to Daily Show interview is included in this article

Quote:

"Voters in Missouri on Nov. 2 approved a referendum to vastly improve conditions for dogs living in commercial dog kennels in the state that can stake claim as being the puppy mill capital of the nation.

Breeders and the farm industry are already vowing to weaken or destroy the new law with legislation.
Among the objections by the "Alliance for Truth" - one of the referendum's leading opposition groups, whose website has since gone kerpoof - is that requiring adequate water and food and space was "exhorbitant care" and as for dog cage stacking? "Well, humans live in apartments, don't they?"

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think what irritated me the most about her interview is the idea that a dog that you pay a lot of money for you will value more and take better care of. How absurd. Also, the way she wanted to sound so smart when she brought up that we've been stacking people in apartments (lol).

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Sadly there is a lot of money in the puppy mill lobby. And I suspect they are willing to spend it to get the law repealed or watered down to the point it is useless.

I "love" the apartment comparision. Wonder if he/she has ever lived in an apt where the floor above you is chicken wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts