Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I missed most of it....

I got home last night, and took a flashlight back to the neighbor (Miles searching) and stood there talking to him for a few minutes. I came back in the door just in time to hear the tail end of a loud ARRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOO....I couldn't believe it....5 years and I didn't think she'd ever done it.....

I bought a Sony digital video camera last night (finally...), so maybe I can catch it again!

Here's some pics of the kids playing in the yard last weekend..while "we" were putting in a flower bed.. (that I had to cover last night...actually had ice in their water bowl this morning..)

(and I wonder why he keeps having to go to the vet for tummy problems....)

and here is "our" flower garden...if I catch those two digging in it again.....
(the pics look strange because the camera was on a weird setting..everything is tinted blue!)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Oh my!! That can't be Tarquin!!! What a handsome lad :) Congratulations on the arooo!!! Mine have started and now I can't turn them off :roll: Jake and Sami (the bassets) have the deep soulful harmony... little Indy adds a trill rhythm... while my crabby Abby wants to sing a counterpoint melody...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, that's Tarquin, who knew....

33.8lbs at the vet

(last week at the vet...after eating something to make him sick....again....and throw up blood....vet said he strained too hard and broke blood vessels in his neck...5 mins later..playing Frisbee like nothing happened...)

A

·
0 Posts
Oh what great looks furry kids! Only one of mine Arooos...Mollie sings a good tune, but Maggie has never done it in 6 yrs! I always thought she was broke, but probably just does it when I'm gone to entertain the others.

A

·
0 Posts
We only only get arooos when Belly is UNhappy. Never joyous ones. We have heard him just a few times, when we stepped outside to talk to a neighbor or something like that ...and didn't invite him to come along. It's a profoundly sad sound from our dog anyway ...very low and deep. I wish I could get him to howl and "talk" like I've heard other Bassets do.

·
Registered
70 Posts
...I've heard of blue bassets.... but that is ridiculous....

I'm sorry, I just had to say it. Please don't excommunicate me :D

Great pictures though.

Buckley will AROOOOOOO all night long, but mostly only if we get him going. Sunny does it at people when she's outside, but never indoors.

A

·
0 Posts
I've tried to get Tummy to Arooooo> Nope. How sad! all he will is make a sound sort of like a yodel (sp.?) right Steinar? What cuties!!! Happy to be a slave tFor Tummy Boy

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok Steinar, I changed it.....the wording...Tarquin insisted on the correct wording of his title....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts