Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You seem to be the resident expert here-so I was curious, how did you get to this point? Have you raised dogs for a long time, researched on your own, just a genuine love for dogs, what?

I am sure this is a weird question, I was just curious of how you came to this point that is all :) I appreciate all the help (and I am very sure everyone else does too). Just a background look at you I guess!

thanks for any insight you provide!

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
You seem to be the resident expert
That would not be a claim I would be willing to make hell the best animal trainers don't consider themselves experts there is a lot more that isn;t know than is.

One think to keep in mind there are a lot of "experts" on here don't confuse being prolific with being and expert. some don't have the time other the desire to answer a lot og question but it does not make them less of an expert.

I I'am old so I do have a lot of experience starter out as an old school trainer to clicker training so i have a good understanding of the stregths and weakness of each, I once heard it said that the reason why so few superstar in sports succeed as coahes is because. 1. there expectations of the work ethic of other is way to high, and two the did not ever have to realy study and try different approaches. When it comes to training dogs I don't have a strong worth ethich there are many that put in way more time than i do and I'm not blesses with superior timing, inated carisma, or doggie sence that makes training second nature but something that can't be word. I am pretty ordinary as a trainer so if it worksd well for me it will work well for others. I have a good memory I don't forget. so I can recall the information and where to find it quickly., Probably the real reason for your perception,

Through faults of my own and fault of other I have had to deal with Fearful dogs that were dog v dog aggressive and dog v human aggressive. I have had rescue dog tha have be severe resource guarder and raised puppies that would hand over anything.

I done quite a bit of research on nutrition because it is one of the variable you can control in performance dogs an how it affects performance.

as far as train background an success

3 of the top 5 including the top basset all time In USDAA agility. Generally considered the most demanding of the agility venues.​

First and only basset hound to qualify for the $10,000 steeplechase tournament. First and only basset to earn a top ten placement all breeds for a performance based dog sport. 2005 USDAA Performance Snooker

Earned a CD obedience title on a basset hound

1 dog curently in top 15 of AHBA open class (field trials)

You seem to be the resident expert here
don't confuse being prolific with being and expert.

Have you raised dogs for a long time,
Yes I'm old than you very much

researched on your own,
definately

just a genuine love for dogs, what?
can you own dogs and Not ?

I am sure this is a weird question, I was just curious of how you came to this point that is all
It been asked before it will be asked again., I don"t always answer it though.,:p

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well, I'm sure I'm not alone in say that we appreciate it!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am very thankful too! I need all the help I can get. I was just curious how mikey came to the point of being so knowledgeable and helpful is all :) I appreciate the answer. In the long run it doesn't matter how he came about to be in that position, I just noticed he is always helping everyone out here. I am glad he is here to help, I have gotten so much more useful info on this group than I could ever find googling the info!

So thank you for answering the question-I was just honestly curious about it, hope that makes sense (not so good at typing what I am trying to say!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts