Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

We had to let him go. We have fought hard for 2 and a half years with his epilepsy and lost the battle. He had a seizure last night and after we noticed he was having a hard time breathing.

After calling the neurologist, we took him to her to be hospitalized. She examined him and told us he has an infection in his lungs. She did not think he would make it through the night.

Letting him go was the hardest decision my husband and I have ever faced. He was our angel and we loved him so.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,042 Posts
I'm so sorry. You obviously did everything you could for him.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm still getting to know a lot of the bassets on this board, but still feel the sadness whenever one is lost. I am so sorry to hear he has left us. It's never easy, no matter what the circumstances are. He sounds like he was very loved and had a good family, and that's all a dog ever really wants. Keep your happy memories first and foremost in your mind and share them with those who knew him. It really does help you get through the sad times. Much love to you :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
He was a beautiful boy and I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that all the wonderful memories that you have of him will comfort you.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Condolences to you and yours from Boomer and family. We are so sorry for your loss. How old was your boy?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'll echo others by saying so sorry for your loss. =(

~Heather

·
Registered
17 Posts
Always makes me sad when I read of losses. Good thing is you provided a good home and love and gave him a good life. RIP.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sorry for your loss. God bless you during this difficult time, may you be comforted with your wonderful memories of Mickey.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Seems there have been a lot of bassets that have left our company in the last few weeks. I'm so sorry. Fergus and I send our love.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
What a handsome boy he was! There have been many losses here recently. Mickey is in good company at the Bridge. I wish you healing and peace - I know how hard it is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you

Thank you for all your support. It is nice to be able to reach out to people who understand what a blessing a Basset is.

Mickey was left on our doorstep almost 4 years ago. It was love at first sight and he was very special to us. We never found out where he came from or how old he really was (we think he was 5 or 6) but, It feels like he has always been with us.

We have 4 others that help ease our pain. They have been so good the last couple of days. We love all of them so much.

Thank you again! Here are a couple more pictures of my dear boy:

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts