Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/64889442.html

Quote from Philly Inquirer article linked above:

"That Vick couldn't throw the ball very well before he went to jail for torturing puppies was sort of glossed over. He was a multimillion-dollar player available for a bargain, and the Eagles are nothing if not fans of value-added transactions.

The acquisition came at a cost that can't be measured on the salary cap. A large portion of the fan base was outraged about adding Vick to the roster, and the organization has had to cough up a lot of money in executing a public-relations campaign about reducing animal cruelty that was transparently cynical in its timing. If the organization really cares this much about puppies and kitties, why didn't it start the campaign some other year? Some coincidence.

Since Vick has been eligible to play, he hasn't been used much at all, and the Spread Eagle is little more than a funny-shaped curiosity stuffed into a corner of the offensive attic with a bed sheet over it.

"We signed him as a backup quarterback," Reid said yesterday. "We've probably gotten a little bit more out of him than we thought we would get from our other backup quarterbacks."

Good Lord, how little did they expect?"

·
Registered
939 Posts
i've been to 3 eagle games this year,the first was the one that Vick was playing in.Peta was there in force when the TV crews were there and they have had less than a dozen people there since the TV crews have disappeared,hopefully they will too.most people seemed annoyed that they were in the way and could care less what there signs said. now i'm not saying what happened was not awful but he did his time so let him be, just like they let the kid toucher down the street from me have his space... but he knows his space when he walks down the street cause for some reason he does not walk on my side ever,must have been the kind words i spoke to him welcoming him to the neighbor hood. :rolleyes: Billy Milko

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I do appreciate the concept that he paid his debt to society, but personally, every time I see him, I imagine dogs being smashed to the ground and drowned and electrocuted.

I know alot of folks have gotten past that, but it just sort of spoils the game for me.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm w/you Murraysmom. I absolutely loathe what he did. I don't care if he did his time...what he took from those animals can never be regained, the same should've happened to him.

~Heather

1 - 4 of 4 Posts