Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ernest is in the house, being a pretty good little guy if I do say so myself. We have had to do a little more puppy proofing, but he seems to have settled down quite well.

My TH came back early from a long work trip and spent the day at home with Ernest while he helped her check email and unpack. They seem to be getting along famously.

He's quite the hit when we take him out. We went to our local shopping center where we couldn't go three feet without someone stopping to visit with him. He met a nice Bernese Mountain dog and it was funny to see how close their markings were to eachother. He know thinks he's a Bernese Mountain Basset.

Here is a flickr site that has way too many pictures of Ernest and his sister Phrace when we visited with him in Goldendale earlier this month. I have more pics of him, but I haven't downloaded them.

However, if you like a basset, you'll be patient enough to sit through some of these.
Ernest on flickr

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
We just have to share these wonderful pics of the beautiful dogs
with the computer impared:

The Importance of Being Earnest:

The Importance of guarding the wasps' nest:

A nice fight with sister Phrace:

But afterwards - it's all peace and harmony:

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Oh man, are they cute! Now I want a puppy... :D

Enjoy your new baby, looking forward to seeing lots of pics as he grows.

Sandy

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for reposting them for me. They are shot with a digital SLR, the best thing we have bought in a year.

Good for basset action shots. :D

He's adorable. He melts my heart. I was sitting in the most boring meeting on Wednesday listening to some scientist talk about file compression sizes and all could think about was going out to the car and checking on the boy.

He's a lucky boy, his mom's both work at the same place (different organizations) and he gets to come to work when it is not hot.

lala

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just one, his sister is going to stay in Goldendale.

He's going to send her a care package from the big city - liver hearts and a kong.

He's enough for us, he's a moose.

lala

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
He is waaay cute! Will you try to show him?

T

·
0 Posts
The dusty nose peeking out from between the steps is precious!

Janet 'n Twinkie

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you. He is a cutie. We have been taking him to lots of different places and he's been doing great. Today he went to the Pike Place Market to buy tulips, the farmer's market to buy carrots for teething and the Cupcake/coffee place to meet his adoring public.

It is finally stopped raining and for his next adventure we're going to the pet store to buy a bigger nylabone.

I need to upload more pics, he's going to file a restraining order on me to not let me take any more pics.

lala

·
Registered
44 Posts
Those are wonderful pics and it makes me want a puppy in the worst way! Too cute for words and I hope to see more :) He seems to be adjusting well! Give him a big hug for us :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Betsy Iole
He is waaay cute! Will you try to show him?
Probably just do tracking not conformation.

Need to get him back to speed on the tracking, harder in the big city than in the country.

lala

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ernest is very cute. I think I may have met the oxboro people at a field trial but I'm not sure. Yes it is hard in the big city to find good spots for tracking. We've found a couple of places near woodinville in the fields and there are a couple of fields at marymoor that are ok for beginning. We live in the heart of Everett so we have the same problem.

CTG

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Check out ernest today.

www.allfourpaws.blogspot.com

He's a moose, we're just took the divider out of his car kennel and are about to buy a pet barrier for our old volvo.

Skinny, but long.

lala

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
All arms and legs now, but just wait until he fills out!

·
Registered
775 Posts
He is beautiful. Just one thing be careful with the stick chewing our retrievier got a stick stuck in the roof of his mouth and it caused an abcess.It meant a trip to the vet and a week of antibiotics. I have to say he hasn't learned a thing because he still prefers sticks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts