Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had notified Bubba's breeder that Bubba died from Lymphoma cancer right before Christmas, and she sent us a very nice note back. Well, she e-mailed us Sunday evening that she now had Bubba's nephew (A pup from Bubba's sister Teas last litter. Teas is now a retired Mom and show dog). The pup was an eight month old neutered male, available for a pet home and would we be interested. We had planned on waiting for awhile before pursuing getting another Basset, but decided "yes" we were interested, contacted her and got more information. We drove to North Platte, Nebraska on Wednesday (6 hours away) and picked him up, getting home last night.
We have named him "Bogie" and he is a real sweetheart. We feel Bubba is smiling down on his little nephew.

[ January 13, 2006, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: BubbaLeroy ]

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
That makes this a HAPPY day on this forum!! :D

What a cutie, he'll bring you much joy as he does things to remind you of Bubba, and when he does things that are unique to just him.

And best of all, he's related to Bubba, right on!

Sandy

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I am so glad to hear this! Sometimes, yes, it's better to wait. But for me, having Yogi and Lady after Biscuit passed on made such a positive difference.

Bodie's a very handsome fellow. I absolutely think you all have done the right thing. :)

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Oh! Wonderful news- I'm so happy for you! He looks very gentle and sweet- what a lucky boy to have found a home with you-

·
Registered
494 Posts
I had tears reading your post! You can never replace Bubba but I know you have so much more love in your heart to give that this pup is going to be the luckiest guy around. Congratulations! :D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YEA!! This IS a happy day on this site! I am so glad.... and related to Bubba too. He looks like an angel..... heaven sent! Keep those pictures coming! yvonne

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Such a handsome fellow! I'm sure that he will bring you much joy, that much more so for that connection he shared with Bubba.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh my goodness, look at that face! Bubba sent you his nephew to love. How cool is that? Love his name. Bogie, I don't think you could find a better family.

This makes my day...I know it makes yours! Happy Arooos from Twinkie! Another houndie finds a great home.

Janet 'n Twinkie

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am sooo happy for you and your family! And I agree that Bubba is watching over and happy that you have decided to love another Basset as much as you loved him. :)
He is a handsome boy, you all are both very lucky!!!
Annie :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Congratulations to you Bogie! You are a very lucky basset hound. You found a wonderful home with a loving mom and dad to take care of you. (Plus a guardian angel named Bubba to help keep an eye on you.) I am so happy for you all.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I Am So HAPPY for you, He is adorable, bubba wants you not to be alone!!!
I am also glad , his coloring is similar to Simon's And i was very glad that he looked so different from Toby, and so Bubba. I am just thrilled for you.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Oh!!! He's beautiful! I know Bubba is smiling- It helped us so much having baby Jake after losing Willie.. it's not taking their place- but such a sweet reminder- best of luck with your new boy-

·
Registered
183 Posts
Some things are just meant to be! What a beautiful boy. I bet he will bring you lots of love, joy and happy memories of his Uncle Bubba! :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When I read this post I had to reply. I am so happy for you! Bubba would be so proud that you are raising his nephew. I know he would want it that way. We are doing much better over the past several days. We are doing some research to see if possibly a distant relative of Maggie Mae's is available for adoption. I'm so glad for you that you have a new little "angel with fur" to love.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Maggie Mae's Mommy- I've been wondering how you were doing. I'm so glad things are a little better for you now- you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. And best of luck with your research!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts