Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daisy was a bad girl this morning and ate probably 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies that I thought she couldn't reach! I'm so darn mad at myself; she always seems to be able to reach more than I think! She threw up 3-4 times, big messes the size of a dinner plate. I called her doctor and he said she should be OK, to let her rest her tummy til tonight and that I might have to tempt her to eat. I can tell she doesn't feel well. I'm still so worried about her despite the vet's reassurance.... I had to go back to work, but I know I'll fret all afternoon til I get home. We're having an awful snow storm and I wish the boss would let us go home but so far, doesn't look like it'll happen. :(

So please sling any slobber you can spare for Daisy Jayne. :(
Thanks.... Barb

·
Registered
775 Posts
Bless her heart! We hope she feels better soon.
Copper sends buckets of drool and Patty and Dolly send baby buckets.

A

·
0 Posts
You have our drool, although I'm sure she will be fine. They can really get into things can't they?
Arlene and Opus.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the support! I still feel awful--not near as bad as she does, I'm sure, the little stinker. When I left to come back to work, she laid down in the middle of the living room floor; DH came home about 30 minutes later and she was sleeping like a log, and when he left 30-45 minutes later, she was still out cold. Guess she's sleeping it off, and I can't blame her, I'd be exhausted too. Can't wait to get home and check on my naughty girl...she'll probably have me up and down all night to go out, but as long as she's OK, I don't care.

Thanks, murraysmom, for the link on pancreatitis, that's good stuff to know! :D

Meanwhile, I think I have figured out how to stop her from getting into so much mischief, at least food-wise. I have a large cupboard with dry goods and lot of pots and pans in it; I'm going to rearrange it, move the pots and pans (don't use most of them 99% of the time anyway) and use that shelf for bread, cookies--countertop-type items. I will put a baby-lock on the cupboard handles and she should be thwarted, the only thing left to do is get the rest of the family on-board.

Thanks everyone, we appreciate the good wishes very very much!

Barb & Daisy Jayne

A

·
0 Posts
Healing slobber from Indiana. I know how she feels, I feel bad after a plate of chocolate chip cookies myself! It is amazing what they can get to despite our efforts. When Sabian feels bad I usually make him some rice and a little boiled meat for his tummy. Pearly is allergic to rice so she is a little harder. Good luck! yvonne

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
...and she'd do it all again tomorrow, if she could. They never learn. :roll:

Hope she feels better soon.

Sandy

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Lots of healing drool. Jake once ate an entire package of oreos...plus a few extra from another package :D Little stinker! They never cease to amaze me!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I swear they will eat anything and everyhing. Of course if I ate 3 doz cookies I would feel sick too! ;)

Hope she is better soon and begging for doggie treats.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Poor baby! We are drooling for her tummy to feel better. A friend's basset, Miss Maudie of Tallahassee, ate an entire bag of snack-sized Snickers one Christmas, and other than some moaning and colorful poo, she was fine.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, everyone, I am very pleased to announce that Daisy Jayne is her old ornery self tonight, she had a good nap this afternoon and a good big poo when her Daddy got home, and she's full of beans tonight--NOT LITERALLY, LOL!

Thanks much! :D

A

·
0 Posts
Was going send some of Tummy's drool. Sounds like Daisy is bouncing back fast. :D Thank doG. Happy to be a slave for Tummy Boy.

A

·
0 Posts
So glad to hear that Daisy is much better. Thankfully Mitchell only got 2 inches of the white stuff, but just west of here got clobbered with 18 inches and I-90 was closed all day Sunday until noon Monday from the Missouri River to the Wyoming line. How much snow did you get? Not fun to dig out but SD did need the moisture.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by BubbaLeroy:
So glad to hear that Daisy is much better. Thankfully Mitchell only got 2 inches of the white stuff, but just west of here got clobbered with 18 inches and I-90 was closed all day Sunday until noon Monday from the Missouri River to the Wyoming line. How much snow did you get? Not fun to dig out but SD did need the moisture.
We're about 100 miles from Cheyenne, WY; we got right around 10 inches. It probably would have been more, but for the first couple hours, the sleet melted, so we had a nice sheet of ice underneath the snow. :D Now what bare pavement there is is steaming! It's only about 17 degree, tho. We desperately need the moisture too, so no one is really complaining about the snow and the kids are enjoying having a couple of snow days.

And obviously the kids and dogs are enjoying it! :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone; I feel kinda silly now for being so worried, but I was so worried she'd get bloat! I kept imagining the kids and DH coming home and finding a "gone" Daisy-dog--how horrible that would be! We had a pretty good night, not too many trips outside, and she had a good romp in the snow this AM, and I think we both learned a lesson--well, I did, anyway!

Hopefully she was sick enough she learned her lesson and will tuck her tail and run next time she even hears the words "chocolate chip cookie"!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts